Vacation & Diet

Options
Any ideas on how to vacation & at least maintain weight?

Replies

• ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Bad News: If you're eating foods you're not used to, you're going to gain. If you eat out at all, you're going to gain. If you enjoy an alcoholic beverage once and a while and you don't normally do this, you're going to gain. If you're going somewhere that has a vastly different climate or elevation, you're going to gain.

Good News: If this vacation is only a week or two, this will all (or mostly) be water weight that you'll eventually shed somewhere between 5-10 days after you return. Also, vacations usually allow for a lot of rest and exercise (via swimming, hiking, biking, etc...) which is awesome for your body. Additionally, whatever you gain in actual fat (i.e. whatever sticks around after you shed your water weight) can be worked off again.

The long and short of it: It's a vacation. Enjoy yourself. If you have major concerns about gaining, or if it's a long trip, then I would recommend continuing to log everything and eat as close to maintenance as you can without going shockingly over. Take advantage of any fun opportunities you may have to work out. Last, but not least - when you get back, jump right back on that horse and return to your normal deficit.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    try to eat a meal or two a day at your hotel. I find eating out for all three makes me bloated.