Energy drinks vs coffee

Options
Scott7609
Scott7609 Posts: 204 Member
not sure what's worse I like coffee but those damn energy definitely work... Thoughts?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    caffeine is caffeine. Drink the tasty one.
  • Scott7609
    Options
    This is very true
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Drink which YOU prefer.

I'm caffeine intolerant, so I just drink coffee since I make mine like chocolate milk, lol.

On workout days I always mix my pre-workout with a Monster Ultra and two green tea pills. (pills are doctor prescribed) I just enjoy the taste of Monster more than water, lol.
  • Scott7609
    Options
    That sounds really good actually
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The only real difference it the calorie content of each. If you don't want to take on a bunch of excess calories drink black coffee.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    They dont work when they become frequent. They just keep you as tired as you were....
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I can drink A LOT of coffee before I get jittery or cracked out.

More than 1 monster and I'm a shaking maniac. I've compared ingredients so I'm pretty sure it's a combo of the caffeine and some random ingredient that gets me flying.

I stick to coffee for the most part-but sugar-free monster (0 calories-FYI) is my pre-workout of choice. I shake those weights all over the place
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Both. With some diet mtn dew for good measure.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Personally, the number of unpronounceable ingredients on an energy drink put me off, so if I want a pick-me-up, I tend to go for coffee.

Plus, too many vodka-red-bulls at university has put me off energy drinks. Even thinking about it is making me feel ill :neutral:
  • emodavis
    emodavis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Drink which YOU prefer.

I'm caffeine intolerant, so I just drink coffee since I make mine like chocolate milk, lol.

On workout days I always mix my pre-workout with a Monster Ultra and two green tea pills. (pills are doctor prescribed) I just enjoy the taste of Monster more than water, lol.

JHC. How do you not have a heart attack? :/
  • eba2003
    eba2003 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Energy drinks are toxic....just read the ingredients. NOT good for you.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    eba2003 wrote: »
    Energy drinks are toxic....just read the ingredients. NOT good for you.

Yes I died the first time I drank one!