Replies

• echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    How did you know it was 1500?
  • skylerknight
    skylerknight Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is why I tend to track by the week rather than the day. If my weekly total comes out fine, I'm not too worried. My body doesn't know it's 12:01 and I can suddenly have 1500 cals again. :) So by that same token, if you make up for it by eating a little better than usual the rest of the week, I feel it all evens out in the wash. :D

I love your attitude, btw!
  • sweetochiken
    sweetochiken Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat dinner . ;)
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My birthday was on the 15th. For the next 4 days I had meals like that, felt miserable because I really can't eat like I used to, and then stepped on the scale today after eating breakfast. I was back under 300. These things happen to all of us but they do not stop our progress if we get back on the wagon. That's a great mindset to have.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just dont eat dinner . ;)

Hah, as someone who skips dinner a lot of the time this is what I'd do, but it's not the solution for everyone.
  • Doreensd
    Doreensd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We had Round Table pizza buffet for lunch (husband's choice) and I way over did it as well. I logged it and will move on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    We've ALL been there. Great job moving forward!
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I didn't get in the shape I'm in by eating one high calorie meal & I'm sure you didn't either. You had a great meal with your girls and over-indulged a little. No biggie. Just don't let it be an excuse to blow it for the rest of the week and have the "I'll start again on Monday" attitude, like I used to do. Get right back on track with a sensible meal tonight and tomorrow is another day. If I plan ahead, I can eat pizza (thin crust vegetarian) and work it into my macros. You're fine!!

I've also found that I can fit fish tacos very easily into my day if I make them at home. I'd never tried fish tacos before, but shut the front door!!! They are goooood!!
  • ldalvarado
    ldalvarado Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How did you know it was 1500?

I counted everything I ate. Just because I know I ate too much doesn't mean I won't be accountable for it.

And yes, it was my kiddos and I hadn't seen them for a few days so we had a blast.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Edjeep wrote: »
    I just remind myself that every day, and some days every meal USED to be like that. Chances are the one big meal is not going to cause a setback as long as you keep going in the right direction.
    I had 1.5 taco bell xl chicken burrito for dinner last week, found out when I got home it was about 1200 calories. At first I broke out into a cold sweat and then I got over myself. It didn't cause any damage and here I am a week later down a pound.

Both of these. Remember how you used to eat, and know that you don't eat like that anymore. One meal means nothing. Make it a daily thing, though, and that's another story. All you have to do is not go back to the way things were.
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I had one of those 1000+ Cal omelet from IHOP two weeks ago. I was kinda mad since I wasn't even that full after that "huge" omelet. Oh well.

Ps. The next day, my (water) weight dropped by .5 lb and I haven't regained it...Magic.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    1.k calories at once? wow well I don't eat pizza so I can't imagine how is that even possible but hey ,don't suffer or stuff, we all go a bit maniac sometimes.
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ffbrown25 wrote: »
    Oh girl, I had 1200 calorie nachos for lunch :D hoping the six miles I ran this morning helps put a dent in it. But really! Nachos (and pizza!) are delicious and I will always, always, always eat them. Just gotta put the work in to burn them off ;)

Nachos and pizza are my two favorite foods. I will definitely have cheat meals now and again. I'll just have to make sure to work out double that day! :smiley: