Ever Thought of Becoming a Vegetarian?

Options
2»

Replies

• aamundsoncpa
    aamundsoncpa Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for about 20 years, married to a meat eater/bowhunter for about as long. I know when I eat a healthy vegetarian diet, I feel good, have energy, don't gain weight, etc. However, I have a major sweet tooth and enjoy foods like bread and pasta more than I should. ;) It's so easy to fill up on those things when you try to take meat off your plate and replace them with something. But I believe you can have success if you try to eat more whole foods and less processed stuff.

Good luck on your endeavor and feel free to ask me for any good veggie meal ideas/recipes!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You can have a 'clean' diet with meats as well as veggies. I'm not saying don't go vegetarian, but make sure the reason you want to do so isn't for a diet or fad or because someone once told you that you had to to be healthy. Though, if you feel you need to try, that's fully up to you and I say go for it. I personaly could never go vegetarian. I don't actually like most veggies and I don't know if I could a full day without meat unless I've got the flu! But that's just me.