Eating out at Restaurants

Options
So I have planned out my tomorrow day...why? because we are going to a Hibachi Grill for my daughters 7th Birthday (her choice)...now how do you stay on track while eating out? For me, because I count my macros (pro/carb/fat) I was able to think about the foods that they have at the restaurant..so I did a little research and have a GREAT meal planned. I am also hitting all of my macros so I KNOW I will NOT overeat and sabotage my wonderful work thus far. My calories are still good (even though that is not my worry) Eating according to your macros has given me such freedom to be able to do this. So when it comes to eating out with family..I say GO FOR IT. Don't be a prisoner to food limits =)

Replies

• tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    cool story
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tony =)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    That was nice speech! Ok, can we eat now? Pass me that pork stake!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Good approach. When I eat out, I estimate calories based on portion size, and I eat slowly so that I don't overeat before feeling full. If a restaurant provides nutrition information, I'll use that; if not, I'll look for similar items at other restaurants. (I usually eat in independent restaurants, not chains, so often there's no nutrition info.)
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Good approach. When I eat out, I estimate calories based on portion size, and I eat slowly so that I don't overeat before feeling full. If a restaurant provides nutrition information, I'll use that; if not, I'll look for similar items at other restaurants. (I usually eat in independent restaurants, not chains, so often there's no nutrition info.)

This happens to me a lot... I kind of guess but its so great when the nutrition is available. Always watching myself =) Good job!!