Muscletech vs. Optimum Nutrition

Julia6767
Julia6767 Posts: 5 Member
edited July 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Looking for a new whey protein that is going to give me lean muscle gains. Stuck between Muscletech Nitro-Tech Preformance Series and the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. Suggestions??

Replies

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    ON products seem pretty good to me.

I have the protein Whey, and got the new Energy Protein powder. The chocolate and cinnamon bun flavor.

I have tried MuscleTech, Muscle Milk, GNC Ripped, and they were all ok

Adding PB2 powdered peanuts is a yummy option.

I put some in my chocolate Energy Protein for a peanut butter cup shake!

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Labdoor is my go to site for protein evaluations > https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

ON and Muscletech products are very expensive. I've been using MyProtein, which has comparable/better quality at a much lower cost.

If you've got a Costco membership, there's a great deal on MusclePharm Combat Powder ($36 for 5 pounds). It's a blend of whey, casein and egg protein, which is a more balanced form of protein.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Julia6767 wrote: »
    Looking for a new whey protein that is going to give me lean muscle gains. Stuck between Muscletech Nitro-Tech Preformance Series and the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. Suggestions??

1st, no whey protein in this world will give you "lean muscle gains", whey is just a means to hit your daily protein intake goal per day..... nothing more what so ever.

In order to GAIN MUSCLE you MUST be eating slightly over your maintenance calories, there's no way around it. In order to lose weight, vice versa.

Having said that, I vote for ON. You don't need to go to LabDoor to see if brand X has this and that, or Z brand has this.... all *kitten*. Just get ON, Cellucor, or Dymatize protein powder in the flavor you want and enjoy it as a shake or an easy grab and go breakfast.