Pivotal Living Band?

Options
I've been interested in getting a fitness band for awhile, but I just haven't been able to justify the expense to myself. I got to my fitness goal without using one, and I'm maintaining just fine without one, but I'm still curious. Am I depriving myself of 20 calories a day I could be having, lol?

Anyway, I just discovered this, Pivotal Living. It's a fitness band and app that you buy a one-year subscription to for $12. It almost sounds too good to be true. For $12, I wouldn't have to justify it to myself. I'm just curious if anyone's had any experience with this product and how you would rate it?

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Why not one you don't have to pay a subscription for?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Because I haven't seen one for less than $75, and it's hard to justify spending that kind of money on something I don't see myself as really needing, KWIM?
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I thought this was about groundbreaking musicians, lol.
  • KyleeFBabyy
    KyleeFBabyy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail a couple days ago, I like it especially for the price, but it doesn't sink with my fitness pal. Under steps, when you can select a device it doesn't show up as an option and neither does the app, so now I have to mess with two apps. For this reason, if the day comes where I'm not broke, I'll be getting a fit bit
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Well, I love my fitbit. I don't know if I "need" it, but I've worn it daily for three years, two of which have been at my goal weight. It has become an important part of my activity monitoring.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    PokeyBug wrote: »
    Because I haven't seen one for less than $75, and it's hard to justify spending that kind of money on something I don't see myself as really needing, KWIM?

As @KyleeFBabyy said, it doesn't sync with MFP.

Fitbit Zip is $US60—and you can find them used on Craigslist. When you connect your accounts, MFP automatically adjusts your calorie goal every day to TDEE minus deficit. Fitbit customer service is excellent. And Fitbit challenges are great motivation—and fun. (You can find friends in MFP's group for Fitbit Users.)

In your eyes, you'd be "saving" $48. But using a Zip for two years only costs $36 more (that's $1.50 per per month) than a Pivotal Livng band. I think Fitbit's accuracy + sync + social aspect is totally worth it. YMMV.