I'm going to miss beer.

Options

Replies

• FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Maintained over 2 years..Never gave up beer, never gave up anything.80-20, Just balance it;-) Cheersô¿ô
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I usually try to work in an extra workout if I know I'm going to have some drinks. I know that this Saturday I'm going out with my friends, so I'll probably toss in an extra hour of working out on Saturday morning.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I had three beers overr the weekend.
    And they fit into my calories :)

Plus we do homebrew.....why would i NOT drink something we made?
    And we'll be brewing some beer tomorrow night (mmmm......mocha stout!)
  • jball1954
    jball1954 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have lost 30+ lbs in six months and have not given up beer. I admit I drink Natty Light alot, but it's still beer. Beck's Light tastes good, too, and is 64 calories. Some of the other lights don't taste so good. I actually like Natural Light and Beck's is good (just more expensive).
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    Seltzer water. That's my trick. Last summer, I found myself wanting a couple of beers a night. Eventually, I realized what I was craving was (partially) the carbonation. OK, the alcohol, too, but also the carbonation. So, I started buying La Croix water, and then got a soda stream. Now I have a big glass of fizzy water before I have my first drink. And.... more often than not, I then stop after that first one.

(Right now, I'm on a wine spritzer binge--the one good thing about warm weather. I feel like I'm getting my drink, but for only 60 calories. When it gets cold, I'll start craving my much more caloric martinis and Manhattans again. But, I'll deal with that when it comes and not worry about it now.)

I agree! Wine spritzers are the best. I drink a lot less wine but still am able to sip on a drink all night.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    beer is the only reason I run
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'll never give up beer. I just only drink some like twice a week
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I try for one a day either beer or wine.

I would rather visit the treadmill again than give that up.
  • BL_Coleman
    Options
    "beer is the only reason I run"

amen to that!
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Pft. Good luck to you. I still drank a 40 on Saturday... Oh well! lol I wanna look good and be healthy... but damn, I still wanna live too! :laugh: Just budget it into your weekly goals. It'll be alright.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Libations shall always be a part of my diet.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Here is the question you have to ask. Can I give up beer forever? If the answer is no, then don't give it up now. That will only set you up for failure. Instead, learn how to incorporate what you love into your new lifestyle. I quit drinking even before I started to lose weight, so it isn't a big deal for me. But ice cream?, you better get back.....I am gonna have my ice cream. I just figured out a healthy way to work it in.
  • BL_Coleman
    Options
    Seltzer water. That's my trick. Last summer, I found myself wanting a couple of beers a night. Eventually, I realized what I was craving was (partially) the carbonation. OK, the alcohol, too, but also the carbonation. So, I started buying La Croix water, and then got a soda stream. Now I have a big glass of fizzy water before I have my first drink. And.... more often than not, I then stop after that first one.

(Right now, I'm on a wine spritzer binge--the one good thing about warm weather. I feel like I'm getting my drink, but for only 60 calories. When it gets cold, I'll start craving my much more caloric martinis and Manhattans again. But, I'll deal with that when it comes and not worry about it now.)

If wine works for you. Try some mulled wine in the winter...very yummy and if you make it hot enought its not something you can pound.
  • kookanddra
    kookanddra Posts: 92
    Options
    I love my beer. Way too much at times. I will not give it up at all though. Never!! :noway: When I first started this I cut it down from what I was drinking to about 4 a night. Still drink my 4 or more at night and have lost 30 pounds. Weekends i "cheat" and have more but I'm still loosing and have created a life style change in eating right and still drinking my beer. I found that my beer is 115 calories per can. I can go lower with Miller Lite or even lower yet with Miller 64 or Bud whatever Bud's low cal is. If you want to quit drinking then that's awesome for you but don't feel like you have too. You can still drink and loose weight!! :drinker:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Good livin' includes good beer...
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Not. Ever. Happening.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I like mixed drinks and usually have a couple on the weekend, so glad to see others post on here that they have still been able to lose even with drinking a bit. If I am planning a night out, I try and alott for it and not eat as many calories during the day.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Don't give up the stuff you love... I "treat" myself with beer. I've lost 51lbs and still drink beer and eat pizza... it's ALLLL in moderation! If you think of it as a diet or deny yourself the stuff you love, you'll fall of the wagon. Don't give up beer!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Nope, nope, nope. I refused to give up my "adult beverages". I rarely ever drink my calories, with the exception of alcohol. Angry Orchard cider is my favorite.
  • jenniferfiedler
    Options
    You don't need to give it up totally. When I know I'm going to be drinking I work out a little harder that day and/or cut back on food calories. Or if it's an impromptu party I just work it off the next day. :) This way the Waistline and social life are happy.