Custom goals

Options
mperrott2205
mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
Hi everyone,

This probably belongs in the technical support forum but I don't know if I'm being stupid or not:

I'm trying to set my custom goals, I have just started trying a Keto diet so obviously I want to custom set my macro nutrients for high fats, moderate protein and very low carbs. However, when I try to do this, it automatically reverts to a different setting I'm trying to do 10% Carbs, 60% fats, 30% protein at 2100 calories. Any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do it through settings on the website not the app
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    I am doing it via the website
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    It works for me. Steps are 5% though.
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    It works for me. Steps are 5% though.

What do you mean "Steps are 5%?"
  • yarwell
    Options
    Macros can only be set in increments of 5% - this matches what you're aiming for anyway but I mentioned it as a constraint just in case. What browser / OS did you use ?
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    I'm using Google chrome
  • yarwell
    Options
    me too, you did click on the green "Change Goals" button to save or update them - it may need you to scroll down.
    qj12qdyfkb47.png
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    Ok so this is what I try to do:

http://puu.sh/j8w9q/8cfd34b1a7.png

This is what happens when i click save:

http://puu.sh/j8wa9/6e0a46ced9.png

Very annoying :(
  • yarwell
    Options
    No idea. One of them doesn't add up to 100. Try a different browser or report vis the Help
  • SommerRose14
    SommerRose14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think it is because fat, carbs, and protein each have a different amount of calories per gram, so if you are changing the percentage of one of those, it will change your calorie goal to reflect that. I have the same thing happen to me when I adjust my macros.
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    I think it is because fat, carbs, and protein each have a different amount of calories per gram, so if you are changing the percentage of one of those, it will change your calorie goal to reflect that. I have the same thing happen to me when I adjust my macros.

That doesn't make sense though; 60% of x will always be a different value depending on the value of x.
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am having this problem too! very frustrating!!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm also having issues... my macros currently add up to 85%???
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I'm also having issues... my macros currently add up to 85%???

Well that shouldn't happen either, macro's should always add up to 100%.
  • mperrott2205
    Options
    From tech support:

"Hi folks,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the MyFitnessPal support center and my apologies for any inconvenience you are experiencing. This is currently an issue that our developers are working on, we hope to have a resolution in a future update.

Cheers,
    Justin
    MyFitnessPal Staff

To stay updated on our known issues you can view the related articles linked below:
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/456345-troubleshooting/articles"
  • InsaneFitness94
    InsaneFitness94 Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @defmut3 I have the same problem too! Gosh, I have tried it like 5 times already! I'm using chrome so maybe I'll try another browser and see if it helps. Will let you know if it works.

Just tried Explorer, Safari and Firefox. None of them help.
    :unamused:

Oh, and thanks for the update. Guess we just have to wait :disappointed:
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I had this problem on my computer on the web but then I changed my goals with my phone and it worked :)
  • cob62
    cob62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    was there any resolution? My custom goals APPEAR to be correct but in the daily nutrition guide, it is much higher. for example, my protein goal is 200 grams/day (it states this in my goals) but in my daily review it says my goal is 282 gr/day. I have tried to adjust it from phone & website...but there is nothing to adjust as the goals are correct