Hi, Dean, UK, lost 237lbs, Looking to add new friends

Options
dc1arkson
dc1arkson Posts: 142 Member
Year ago and almost 237lbs lost this was such a scary time thinking back, my tea cup reverse no more entropy in my life. I now can do a number of things which I worried I might never be able too; I can tie my shoes with out having to take them off, I can now go in a shop and buy actual cloths and not order offline, I can run six miles none stop and not need to use a trolly to go around a supermarket cause it was too much of a walk, I can walk passed a mirror or look at my reflection in a window while out and not feel horribly insecure and try to avoid looking at myself, I can be the person I was always that was suffocating under 237lbs of fat/shame/anxiety/hurt/pain/regret/sadness and worry. I am not perfect and still have days them things strike and effect me but now I can see a way to a positive, I am now mentally trying to fix my “fat” brain which takes even longer then the weight. I still can have my confidence sucked from me like I have a personal Dementor that strikes when I least expect it from old thoughts or other people’s reactions or them whispers and looks I always thought were about me. I am getting there slowly but surely.
I would love to make new friends who are none judgemental with Heath, I am in County Durham England would be amazing to find some from the UK... Feel free to say hi

Replies

• duskred
    duskred Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Dean, wow well done on your weight loss, I am at the beginning of my lifestyle change and have 122lbs to lose so you are an inspiration
  • purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Dean, very well done on losing such a huge amount. I have about 20-25 lbs to go, my weight comes off really slow but it stays off which is what counts. I am from Hamilton, Scotland. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • cootason
    cootason Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Its not easy this journey but its been worth it ;). and thanks for the warm welcome. really appreciated, once I am finally under 100 kilograms I will be back to where I was as a teen I have been over 100 kilograms that long :(
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hi Dean, from Southampton in the UK myself. Congrats on the weight loss, that's an impressive amount and you're looking good!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    duskred wrote: »
    Hi Dean, wow well done on your weight loss, I am at the beginning of my lifestyle change and have 122lbs to lose so you are an inspiration

Ah 122lbs you will do it! If you need any help please don't hesitate to give me a shout and thank you!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    cootason wrote: »
    Its not easy this journey but its been worth it ;). and thanks for the warm welcome. really appreciated, once I am finally under 100 kilograms I will be back to where I was as a teen I have been over 100 kilograms that long :(

I have found it so weird to think I am now lighter/smaller then when I was at school kinda part regret and part amazed. Thank you for the add I really appreciate it!
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Hi Dean, very well done on losing such a huge amount. I have about 20-25 lbs to go, my weight comes off really slow but it stays off which is what counts. I am from Hamilton, Scotland. Feel free to add me if you want.

Thank you so much, sent an add your way
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    Hi Dean, from Southampton in the UK myself. Congrats on the weight loss, that's an impressive amount and you're looking good!

Ah thank you very much!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I spoke to you in another thread :) I'm also from the UK - in Lincolnshire during non term time, and in Derby for university at term time. I've lost 61lbs with about 10lbs to go. I'll add you! Congrats again on the amazing loss :)
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    Hey there! I spoke to you in another thread :) I'm also from the UK - in Lincolnshire during non term time, and in Derby for university at term time. I've lost 61lbs with about 10lbs to go. I'll add you! Congrats again on the amazing loss :)
    Ah hi hi! That's amazing weight loss, thank you for the add
  • katherine_jenkins_
    katherine_jenkins_ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic loss! Well done!

I'm from the UK too, so feel free to add. :)
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, congratulations on the weight loss :) ! I'm not from the U.K. But you can add me if you like.
    10075678 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from Yorkshire! Always been a bit chubby and have 30lbs to lose. Well done on your weight loss. Feel free to add me :)
  • dc1arkson
    Options
    10075678 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm from Yorkshire! Always been a bit chubby and have 30lbs to lose. Well done on your weight loss. Feel free to add me :)

Thanks! Send you an add