When you hit maintenance, if you stopped tracking cals how long until you gained?

Options
13»

Replies

• FairyDandy
    FairyDandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    4 years ago I lost 95lb with WeightWatchers. Decided I knew it all and stopped pointing. Now I'm back at it losing the same 95lb again. Hopefully when I am back to my goal weight this time I will not be so arrogant about tracking. I will always need to do it as I have an incredible ability to overeat! This is my second attempt at weight loss and this time my plan includes maintenance.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Just came back from vacation and am shocked my clothes still fit. I was sure I'd gained 10 pounds. It's more like two in two weeks. Well worth it, but glad it's over. Going without logging was enough to remind me what happens when I don't log. I will always need to log, but I'm perfectly okay with it now. Without logging, I can easily eat another meal's worth of calories after dinner just because. The truth in those little red numbers really help me see I'm not eating because of hunger.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Don't think of this as a diet it's a lifestyle you have to dump the old lifestyle of eating everyhing in site to a new lifestyle of eating healthy for the rest of your life. If logging helps support you staying on track then it's part of your new lifestyle.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I haven't gained back any yet but it is early days. I am still logging but not weighing every single thing anymore. You probably need to weigh food until your eyeball method is pretty close. I test myself sometimes and I am not too far off with eyeballing it. I weighed food for probably a year though before getting there.