Maintaining

Options
notthenanny
notthenanny Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I suffered a near death experience Nov/Dec last year. I was given 3 kenalog cervical epidurals in my neck for a herniated disc almost a week apart. Shut my endocrine system down.gained 3b in a week lost all muscle tone. My adrenal glands quit working, lymph idea through my entire body swelled to their max. My stomach and intestine quit working almost like they were paralyzed. It's been 7 months I've worked my *kitten* off to lose this weight. Never had to diet in my life until now! I went to the dr yesterday and he still feels my adrenals are not working right I'm not digesting my food right. If I eat something like potatoes I'm in incredible pain bloated line I'm pregnant nauseated and tired it takes all night to finally digest it. I'm trying to stay at 130 in happy with this weight ( my weight before this nightmare was 123 and are what I wanted and a lot of it!) now my battle is staying at 130 but finding food that helps nourish my body without causing me pain and discomfort.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about all you are going through. I doesn't sound like you weight much more than you used to, so try not to worry so much. Take your time with this.
  • notthenanny
    notthenanny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about all you are going through. I doesn't sound like you weight much more than you used to, so try not to worry so much. Take your time with this.

Thank you !! That is very sweet
    I'm trying not to be impatient but the injections and swelling changed my appearance I'm hoping it's not permanent
  • CJsoon
    CJsoon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I suffered a near death experience Nov/Dec last year. I was given 3 kenalog cervical epidurals in my neck for a herniated disc almost a week apart. Shut my endocrine system down.gained 3b in a week lost all muscle tone. My adrenal glands quit working, lymph idea through my entire body swelled to their max. My stomach and intestine quit working almost like they were paralyzed. It's been 7 months I've worked my *kitten* off to lose this weight. Never had to diet in my life until now! I went to the dr yesterday and he still feels my adrenals are not working right I'm not digesting my food right. If I eat something like potatoes I'm in incredible pain bloated line I'm pregnant nauseated and tired it takes all night to finally digest it. I'm trying to stay at 130 in happy with this weight ( my weight before this nightmare was 123 and are what I wanted and a lot of it!) now my battle is staying at 130 but finding food that helps nourish my body without causing me pain and discomfort.

Damn sweets I'm so sorry to hear about what you went through and are currently going through! I hope all works out for you and I wish you nothing but the best!
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Glad you're on the other side of it now! Baby steps. Keep an accurate log and make notes on how you feel. My mom had all kinds of digestion issues and after removing corn, soy and dairy she was much better. I hope you can figure out you're triggers and work around them! I'm working to maintain too. I'm currently 127 ish...