left over calories?

Options
After having breakfast lunch and dinner, I am still left with 356 calories. Plus 144 calories that I gained from exercise.
Do I need to eat all of these, I am allowed 1,200 per day, which I thougt was not very much untill now.
Any advice on What I should do. 356 calories seems like another meal In itself.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    356 calories is nothing. Eat calorie dense foods and you will have no problem reaching your daily goal.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    ummm yes, that means you are only eating 700 calories a day...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    depends what they were leftovers of.....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok got it.

yeah, eat moar.
  • javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    Dessert!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Peanut butter or ice cream can fill the void pretty quickly. IDK about you, but the more I can eat, the better I feel, the harder I can push during workouts and the happier I am. And I still lose weight since the deficit is already built in. So eat up.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Give them to me!!!! On a calorie gift card
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and bacon.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Hahaha yes! If only.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Dessert!

Yep.
  • marshjpsall
    Options
    what do your meals consists of?
  • Liliansamata
    Liliansamata Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ????????????
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should. Treat yourself to some ice cream. Or some celery and peanut butter if you want to be healthier. Or some peanut butter toast. Or some poptarts. Popcorn? Poptart-ice cream sandwich? Oh my, I'm hungry! Why don't I ever have left over calories???

Seriously though, you should eat them. Have a look at your macros and see if you are missing anything first. If you are, fill the void. If you've met all your goals... treat yourself on a job well done!
  • jmoliveson
    jmoliveson Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good question! I have been under my calories and am really not worried about it because I spent so many months overeatting my calorie count. Usually by the time I finish logging in my excercise and my desert, seeing that I have an extra 300 calories does not give me motiviation to stufff my face so late in the evening, so I just go to sleep and start over. I do understand that food is energy which is why I have been eating a lot of veggies so I am still getting nutrients but not the calories. Ultimately you and I could choose to eat more calories during the day but I would rather lose weight faster and let my excercise truly count.
  • treesjg
    treesjg Posts: 7
    Options
    Do you mean what have I eaten? If so then poached egg, brown bread, small tin beans, Apple, steak, potato salad and veg.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have leftover calories on some days, and I'm at 1450 calories per day . I do not eat when I'm not hungry so sometimes they are left over if I haven't planned well during the day. This takes some getting used to for those of us that have been on every diet possible over the years. It was always the less you eat the more weight you lose, so I used to think 500 calories a day was a good diet. Now that I have been at this healthy eating with a calorie deficit for about 6 weeks, I kind of know how much I normally eat at each meal. Now that I know I usually have leftover calories at the end of the day, if I get hungry in the middle of the day I will have some healthy fats, such as some nuts with and apple, a teaspoon of natural peanut butter with celery, a piece of low fat cheese and whole wheat crackers, a small piece of yummy dark chocolate. I get pretty close to 1450 now every day, and I'm losing steadily each week, but I have yet to eat back any of my exercise calories. Small steps for this journey, I have some very bad "diet" habits to break.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options

^Yes.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Eat the excess during the week. Consider the bigger picture, it's just as much about the weekly total as it is the daily.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Same boat. I started having a couple spoons of peanut butter and a glass of chocolate milk to fill that hole :)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat all your calories, but you don't have to force yourself at the end of the day. Just do better tomorrow. Eat more food earlier in the day.

When I started with MFP, at first I had a hard time getting up to 1200 calories because I wasn't snacking, and I was afraid to eat more calories earlier in the day.

Now my problem is staying under 1600 calories; I can barely do it!
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Eat the excess during the week. Consider the bigger picture, it's just as much about the weekly total as it is the daily.
    Exactly... Have a great breakfast the next morning.