Rice on the Grill

Options
dargytaylor
dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
For those of us that don't want to heat up our kichen! I have never thought of grilled rice, genius! I will change things up a bit (like not add ketchup, WEIRD!! lol) to my families liking :)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rice-on-the-grill

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I think that they are trying to make a bastardized version of paella. A better (and more authentic) ingredient to use would be tomato paste--homemade, or the really good Italian type.

I reheat rice on the grill all the time--I put it in a foil packet with veggies and sauce to make grilled stir-fry.
  • dargytaylor
    Options

I reheat rice on the grill all the time--I put it in a foil packet with veggies and sauce to make grilled stir-fry.

Good idea with the stir fry!
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I just started doing rice in foil packets too. It works really well. I made one that was similar to shrimp fried rice, one like jambalaya and then this one with fish and shrimp. I haven't had a chance to photograph or type up the others.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/07/creole-catfish-foil-packet.html

Creole%2BCatfish%2BFoil%2BPacket2.jpg

• dargytaylor
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I just started doing rice in foil packets too. It works really well. I made one that was similar to shrimp fried rice, one like jambalaya and then this one with fish and shrimp. I haven't had a chance to photograph or type up the others.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2015/07/creole-catfish-foil-packet.html

Creole%2BCatfish%2BFoil%2BPacket2.jpg

yum! thank you for sharing!