Eat after a late workout?

rezinhasud
rezinhasud Posts: 4
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay folks. I usually workout late at night cuz it's the only time I have available. Sometimes I'll be at the gym till almost midnight. I know we r supposed to eat after a workout ( I usually just do a protein shake or protein bar) but since I get home and go to bed should I still eat/ drink my protein so late? Or should I just go to bed and sleep the hunger off? Sometimes when I do a really good work out my muscles feel really weak once I get home. Anyways, what to do?

Replies

• scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Sounds like you are hungry after your workout. If you are hungry - eat!
  • Hi - I also workout late (not quite as late as you) I am a fitness instructor and teach most nights til 9pm. I suggest you eat plenty of carbs throughout the day and just have a light snack before bed like toast and beans just something that stops the weak feeling but helps the body to recover from your workout. I also know well, from experience that under eating is just as bad as over eating!!! Hope this helps and well done you for working so hard!
  • thanks... I'll just do a light snack as you said...
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    drinking a glass of milk is proven to recover your body faster after a workout than most other beverages. A protein shake or glass of chocolate milk are great options
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    A protein shake made with water or non fat milk or a greek yogurt is a good thing to have after a workout... High in protein and keeps the metabolism going strong.
This discussion has been closed.