Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a scam to me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I can see in my crystal ball that you are going to... soon.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    for???
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    It's an MLMS scheme. All you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Don't waste your hard earned money.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I fell for the BS :flushed:

I was on it for 5mths straight. I took the:

Pink drink
    Bio-cleanse
    Probio5
    Boost

I took them all religiously everyday, and the only thing I lost was $200 a month!

Their marketing hype is A+ though :huh: :rage:

OP don't bother. Every single person who I know personally who tried plexus had zero results. The only positive reviews you'll see are from the ambassadors, who will write ANYTHING to sell more product and make more money from the gullible, overweight public.

Stay away from all the Facebook mlm scams...
  • caitlinbrianne0817
    caitlinbrianne0817 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work. Spent 100+ dollars on it and didn't lose a single pound.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It does work for some, im one of those! Helped me stop drinking diet soda and sweets. I have lost pounds and inches. Being over 40 I needed something to boost my metabolism. This is working for me.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Every single claim has an asterisk on their website :)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I had one FB friend who sells this MLM try to sell it to another FB friend who sells a different MLM because the optimal nutrition would solve a medical issue the 2nd MLMer was having.

I thought it was going to break the internet in a crossing the streams kind of way.

ghostbusters.gif

Edited: Apparently the autocorrect for friend is fried.
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    I had one FB fried who sells this MLM try to sell it to another FB fried who sells a different MLM because the optimal nutrition would solve a medical issue the 2nd MLMer was having.

I thought it was going to break the internet in a crossing the streams kind of way.

ghostbusters.gif

I hope they also had their Jamicures to make their nails look like a 5 year old with mad coloring skills did them.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    lorinjer wrote: »
    It does work for some, im one of those! Helped me stop drinking diet soda and sweets. I have lost pounds and inches. Being over 40 I needed something to boost my metabolism. This is working for me.

It doesn't boost your metabolism. There are a few ingredients that act like caffeine in your body, but the metabolic increase from those would amount to roughly 1-2% for an hour.
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    no, no plexus does not work. It is MLM, and I don't want to take ANY advise from someone who is silly enough to sell MLM stuff especially when it comes to health. nail stickers, bags...whatever. but supplements? PLEASE.
  • lorinjer
    Options
    News flash. Plexus does work for some. I tried everything under the sun , had tests ran and was not losing weight. I am over 45. Plexus slim has jump started the weight loss and I feel great. I am still working out 5 days a week just as before plexus. Yes it is expensive but nothing comes cheap or easy that is worth it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    News flash. Plexus does work for some. I tried everything under the sun , had tests ran and was not losing weight. I am over 45. Plexus slim has jump started the weight loss and I feel great. I am still working out 5 days a week just as before plexus. Yes it is expensive but nothing comes cheap or easy that is worth it.

You lost weight because you were in a calorie deficit, not because of plexus.
  • usmcmp
    Options

It did not jump start your weight loss, it helped you get into a calorie deficit. You could have done the same thing with a cheaper shake and caffeine or even through real food if you weigh and log accurately. Plexus was not a magical supplement.
  • lorinjer
    Options
    It's sad that people have to be mean and tell others that using whatever supplement to help with weight loss is bad and not worth the money. Every single person is different and when that person has tried everything else (I for one was totally against using any kind of pill or powder) and is getting discouraged.....well it's ok to try something else.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Plexus is a scam, OP. And they will try to con you into selling it, which is really all they care about - recruiting more "ambassadors" to make the overlords more money.

It's just not worth it. Buy a food scale, log your food, and take in less calories than you use. That's all you need.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    It's sad that people have to be mean and tell others that using whatever supplement to help with weight loss is bad and not worth the money. Every single person is different and when that person has tried everything else (I for one was totally against using any kind of pill or powder) and is getting discouraged.....well it's ok to try something else.

You're right that it is your money to spend as you please, but it wasn't necessary and I'm here to prevent people from getting sucked into pyramid sales products. These products are not necessary and they don't teach you how to keep the weight off long term.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

I am over 40, the only thing that I need to boost my metabolism is exercise.....cause nothing else does it...And any product with that claim on it is a lie.....
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2015
    Options

People aren't being mean. A lot of people associate correcting misinformation with being mean. The fact is, almost all supplements haven't been provent to provide much benefit. The people I know on plexus are losing because they are on a 1000 calorie diet (or something crazy low). If you want to know a little more information on supplements, I would highly recommend going to examine.com . The supplements that are effective (caffeine, whey, creatine) don't even help you lose weight.

OP, it's not worth the money. I would recommend reading the stickies at the top. Start with MFP (which is free) and read the forums. This way you can educate yourself on nutrition and help find a sustainable program.