Binging!

Options
jessm11595
jessm11595 Posts: 17 Member
Hey guys,

I have a serious problem with binging. Although not overweight at 140 LBS (5'7"), I would like to tone up my stomach and leg area. I work a full time job, take summer classes, and at the end of the day just want to pig out on all sorts of saturated fats! Afterwards, I try and work off the extra calories and then feel guilty as heck about the binge but can't seem to shake my bad habit. Any tips or tricks?

Add me so we can do this thing together!!

Jess

Replies

• flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    There is another thread on binging that people are responding to, already. Go there and see what the responses show.
  • Naja_
    Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A tip I use is to binge on shopping or getting my nails done instead of food. I get that same happy sensation. Lol. #JustGirlProblems
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Eating at too too aggressive a deficit usually leads to bingeing. Set your goal to .5 lb. for every 25 lbs. you're overweight: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Deprivation can also lead to bingeing. Eat "good" 80% of the time, and fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal.

You need to break the feel bad > eat too much > feel bad cycle. One way to do that is to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Every thing. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

You do not have to be perfect to lose weight. If you binge, log it accurately & honestly—then let it go. Logging works.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Shake things up. If you always go in the front door, go in the back door instead. Your binges are tied to other habits. Shaking things up might enable you to shake that bad habit.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being a healthy weight! I wonder if it would help to change your nutrition during the day. Are you eating enough calories throughout the day? Do you eat enough protein? I find that 20-30% protein, including a shake as a snack earlier in the day, really helps satiety and cravings.