To eat or not to eat.

Options
2»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I've saved calories up through the day to eat them at night.

Or I've not worried about going over a bit one day because there's no way I'm going to bed hungry.
    Why? You're not going to starve. A day or 2 is okay but got to make sure doesn't become a habit.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    It depends. I woke up last night really hungry at 2am and just tried to go back to sleep because I knew getting up and making food would wake me up more than being hungry. But if being hungry keeps you from getting to sleep, eat something small. I have some troubles with sleep, and my doctor recommended a small snack with some carbs and protein before bed because it promotes sleepiness. Keep it small, and nothing with caffeine or sugar.

I haven't combatted it successfully myself though, but my mom doesn't go downstairs after 8pm/9pm so she doesn't eat more food. She keeps water by her bed at night and drinks that. It's worked really well for her.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories, I like to make popcorn. If I have fat left in my macros, I use a little coconut oil. Did y'all know you can pop popcorn without oil on the stove? Life.....changing!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Pre-log! I log dinner, an 8 o'clock snack, and then eat a whole bag of popcorn at 10. That's a little ridiculous though now that I see it typed out..
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories, I like to make popcorn. If I have fat left in my macros, I use a little coconut oil. Did y'all know you can pop popcorn without oil on the stove? Life.....changing!

Haha yep! My air-popper is the best thing...I just need to use less butter on the popcorn afterwards when I eat it. How is the taste of coconut oil on popcorn?
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »

Haha yep! My air-popper is the best thing...I just need to use less butter on the popcorn afterwards when I eat it. How is the taste of coconut oil on popcorn?

Coconut oil on popcorn is AMAZING! If I have the calories for it, I'll melt honey with coconut oil and it's soooooo good!