Ideas for low carbs, high protein diet.

Options
2»

Replies

• sheribelle63
    sheribelle63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have found that saving my carbs for just one meal is the way to go. I love potatoes, rice and pasta. And pizza! But I will have protein shake or eggs or yogurt for breakfast, along with fruit. I snack on cheese or nuts or banana or celery with peanut butter between meals. For lunch I will have a salad with whatever meat or protein I want - chicken, turkey, beef, eggs, cheese, beans. I will use leftover meat from weekend cooking or deli meats. I try to keep the lunch calories around 500. If I'm not in the mood for a salad, I might have soup or lettuce wrap. The lettuce wrap satisfies my sandwich cravings. I will put whatever meat I have in a lettuce leaf and I'm happy. I even add toppings and condiments like pickles and mustard. Then for dinner I get to have a serving of carbs with a serving of meat (or fish or cheese) and a double serving of veggies. You have to experiment with different flavorings for your foods. I have found that I enjoy a soy, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame blend for an Asian flavor. I like to go Mexican with cayenne, cumin, tumeric and hot sauce. I like using a Greek yogurt and cucumber sauce with dill on my fish. For shrimp I use Old Bay or blackened seasoning. And for Italian flavoring I use oregano, basil, garlic and olive oil.