Which FitBit?

Options

Replies

• Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I like my Flex because I can wear it in the shower and pool, and it tracks my sleep. The cons are battery life and sleep quality (ironically) because if you sleep with your hand or arm under your head, it gets in the way. However, if the Zip tracked sleep, I would have just stuck with that as I think it is more accurate than the flex and the battery lasts waaaaay longer. I even accidentally ran it through the washer and dryer a few times before it finally died.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have the one and love it. You need to decide which features are best for you and make your selection.
  • NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex. I've never had any issue with my band falling off (I have super tiny wrists and I wear the small band) and the battery typically lasts me ~a week if I'm not constantly tapping on it to check my stats. I bought mine new from eBay for $50 and have had zero issues. I do forget to turn on the sleep mode a lot, but that's strictly operator error.

Honestly, I know the HR gets a lot of hype, but from a logical standpoint, the technology just really isn't there for a wrist-worn watch to accurately regsiter/track heart rate. Personally, I forked over the ~$50 for a Polar FT4 and find that to be quite accurate for heart rate purposes. It's a pain to need to seperate devices, and being a woman, chest straps suuuuuuuuuck. BUT, for the value, I feel it's worth it.

Best of luck!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I have a One and like it because it's not on a wristband, so no one can see it (I clip it to my bra) and I get fewer "false steps" from flailing my hands around and such. I hate having stuff on my wrist at work as it bothers me when I type and I don't like the rubber wristbands aesthetically (or people asking questions about it.)

I chose the One over the Zip because it tracks the number of floors I've climbed - important for me because I'm training for some high-altitude hiking and try to clear 100 floors in my stairwell workouts. And I like the sleep function too.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm probably going back to Fitbit after using something else. Is it worth it to get the Surge over the Charge HR? Seems like a lot of money to spend for maybe not that many more features.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    calihoya wrote: »
    I'm probably going back to Fitbit after using something else. Is it worth it to get the Surge over the Charge HR? Seems like a lot of money to spend for maybe not that many more features.

It's entirely a matter of personal preference, but the Surge is really big—especially for a woman.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking of investing in a FitBit, but am clueless as to which one to get. Please help lol

http://www.fitbit.com/compare

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I've been using the One since April. I like that it's a clip on and so far it's been pretty accurate.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    It's entirely a matter of personal preference, but the Surge is really big—especially for a woman.

That's good info. Thank you!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I can only share my own take, but I have a Charge HR and I love it. The continuous HR monitor is important to me with hypertension, and it's useful because it's able to better analyze calorie burn rate by incorporating heart rate information with the step data. PurePulse, Fitbit's name for continuous monitoring, should give a more accurate calorie burn than basic activity trackers. This put it between the Surge and the Charge HR for me. The Surge is cool and all, but I'm not a runner, and even if I were, I'd have my phone to play music anyway, so the GPS gets me nothing. It was a $100 upcharge for a bulkier device that doesn't have any features that had me interested.
  • Protranser
    Protranser Posts: 517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've been using the Charge HR since April. I can't imagine doing any physical activity without it! I love that it also monitors heart rate so I can push myself to pick up the pace during my walks. I try to keep my heart rate at "Fat burn" which burns a little more calories per minute than being in the "out of zone (heart rate too low to be considered exercise)"range.
  • xLola
    xLola Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at getting the charge hr and with all the positive posts I'm excited to get it
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've got the fitbit charge. Love it :smile:
  • ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing some comments about the Flex fitting poorly and not staying on, but I personally don't see it. I wore a Flex nearly every day for the last two years and it rarely fell off (and usually only if I caught that band edge on the corner of the desk or something).

When it did die recently, I considered the Charge, but for me personally all the extra tracking wasn't something I was interested in. The Flex did enough for me, so I bought another one. Got the Target-exclusive Violet color, which I couldn't resist. Even the lights glow violet :).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I don't like the HRM versions, I think they don't do what people think they do ...an HRM is only of use for steady state cardio and not as a TDEE measure, so I'm pretty certain the basic pedometer programming takes over more often than not. I think it's expensive and misleading...if you want to track steady state cardio you can use a separate HRM (I use a polar ft4)

I have owned a flex and a zip...I don't need to track sleep and like wearing bracelets so I'm happiest with my zip which I wear in my pocket or bra

Over time they get more accurate...I've been using mine since last July and I don't leave the house without it and eat back every calorie it gives me
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The only reason to have a 24 hour HRM that I can see is if you have heart issues and need to track your heartbeat

The caloric estimate cannot, and will not, be accurate

I'd love to know what the formulae and programming of the charge and surge actually do...What happens when you're hot, or lifting weights, or stressed and your HR increases...do you get a higher burn rate? If so then it's a major inaccuracy

Don't get me wrong, I love fitness toys and am a datageek ...I just have yet to be convinced on the basic efficacy and usefulness of any of these 24 hour monitors
  • MirandaD0313
    MirandaD0313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started with the flex but now I have the surge. It's the largest one but definitely worth all the features.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Love my Charge HR. Used to have the Force but traded up with the voluntary recall.
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i love the charge HR. I love the heart rate monitor i can see how hard of a work out i got and how long I stayed in the different heart rate zones and because it can detect your heart rate you also get a more accurate reading of the amount of calories you burned :)