Men vs. Women

Options
booncey
booncey Posts: 75 Member
I started working out 2 1/2 months ago and watching my calories. I feel that I have been successful thus far with losing 15lbs and toning muscles. I don't think I have built any "new" muscle with my calorie deficit, but I think I have kept my muscle and getting stronger. I inspired my hubby to work out and he's been doing it for about a month. I am very proud of him, but I feel cheated! He's already lost 13 lbs and I can tell it's from him gut. Now, he's inspiring me...

I guess it's proof that every person is different on how they lose weight, but I do feel cheated that it seems easier for men than women. Darn that EVE....

Replies

• nmeeks81
    nmeeks81 Posts: 9
    Options
    i ve heard that women are meant to gain for .....childbirth and keeping warm. men are meant to lose weight ... hunting and gathering .the good old caveman days are still in are dna . Thats why i dont work out with my hubbie because it can be distracting.
  • booncey
    Options
    That does make sense...our bodies need to evolve with the times lol...
  • JerZRob
    JerZRob Posts: 68
    Options
    My wife hates me for this very reason. I always feel bad but we're both making progress and that's all that matters.
  • davideickelmann
    davideickelmann Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Men store body fat overwhelmingly in the stomach/waist. He lost it from the stomach/waist, because that's where he had it to lose. Women store fat in more places, that's how the "freshman 15" sneaks up on so many girls.
  • booncey
    Options
    I'm pretty competitive, so I will definitely look at it as a way to keep me motivated and not get too frustrated by it....unless he is sporting a 6 pack and I'm only sporting a "2-pack" then it's sabatoge time...lol I can start cooking his favorites!!! while I'm eating a salad ;)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I can feel this...I have been working my but off for almost 3yrs and my fiance' has just jumped back on the fitness journey about 2 1/2 months ago with me doing P90x and he looks like he has cut himself in half with inches and possibly weight... I just use it as motivation...Never fail that men can jump right in there and get it off....Grrrr
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I started working out and watching what I was eating, and lost maybe 8 lbs when my husband agreed to eat what I was eating. He lost 29 lbs in 2 weeks. BUT, he also has much more to lose than I do, and he was eating alot worse than I was before he started... so I didn't let it bother me too much, I'm just happy he's trying to get in shape!
  • booncey
    Options
    Yeah it's really a win win for both to be working out. Increased energy levels, looking better and feeling better as well as support. If I lost it as easily as him, I might not stick with the program long-term thinking...oh I can just work hard for a month and get my figure back. I'm sure it will be easier for him to build muscle mass too...so I'm prepared lol.

who am I kidding....I am jealous as he*& !!!!! LOL
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty competitive, so I will definitely look at it as a way to keep me motivated and not get too frustrated by it....unless he is sporting a 6 pack and I'm only sporting a "2-pack" then it's sabatoge time...lol I can start cooking his favorites!!! while I'm eating a salad ;)

Hahaha, awesome! ;)

Going through the same thing with my man. As long as we are on the same team, I'm cool with it. Besides, he's pretty hot, and that's a win for me too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!