Weight roller-coaster

Charla917
Charla917 Posts: 4 Member
I have tried and failed all.day every day to stay under 1200 calories. I started at the end of my budget with the wrong kinds of foods. So I am hungry and overeat daily. I know what I do wrong but can't seem to stop doing it! AND I love to eat. I love to bake. Baking is my stress reliever. So how do I lose weight when I hate to exercise but Love to bake?! Sorry for the pity party rant but I am feeling down this morning.

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 468 Member
    Well first of all, do you workout at all?? 1200 calories is the absolute minimum you should be eating if you are not working out, and you should never be eating less. If you are working out you need to increase your calorie intake.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Bake and give the stuff to other people instead of eating it yourself?
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Incorporate some exercise. If you burn more, you can eat more.

When you feel the urge to bake, go for a walk or to the gym instead.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    How about focusing on baking low calorie nutritious things???

I enjoy taking a recipe and seeing how I can change the ingredients to fit my eating plan and yet still be delicious. Right now I am working to alter some of my favorite recipes to be low sodium. Some have been a complete failure and some have actually tasted pretty good without added salt.

Look at it as a challenge...learning something new...
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    Bake and give the stuff to other people instead of eating it yourself?
    Thea519 wrote: »
    Incorporate some exercise. If you burn more, you can eat more.

When you feel the urge to bake, go for a walk or to the gym instead.

Losing weight doesn't mean that you have to give up things that you love. At some point hopefully she will have lost all the weight that she needs to. At that point if she goes back to baking she will probably gain it all back. Why not learn now how to incorporate the things that she loves with her weight management?

IMO...we should make weight management fit in to our lives...the things that we love and enjoy. It can be done.