are my genetics crap?

Options
I'm a teenager coming not long turned 18 (male) and I'm classed (skinny) by allot of people, but what's keeping me skinny is my diet because I eat very good and healthy whole foods, meats, pasta, rice, fruits, veg. I keep away from sweets and soda's and crap as much as possible, in fact I haven't touched anything like that for over 1 year, but one thing that causes me to get frustrated and depressed is when i see skinny people or toned people who look like myself who go into shops and buy all these sweets, milkshakes, pot noodles and all sorts of 'crap' but the reason why I refuse to eat them is because I can't fit them into my calories... I wish i could have a big bag of sweets like they do but it will take up nearly half of my calories and I will have to starve, whilst they can eat that on top of biscuits,cakes,soda,crisps,dinner,lunch,breakfast and everything else.. I can only eat like 2200 calories to maintain and my metabolism is supposed to be at it's peek, the fastest it can be going.. and i get told by docters and fitness channels that A teenager of my activity level and build who has high natural high hormones due to body development of being a teenager i should be consuming at least 2800-3500 calories a day.. but i can only maintain/gain weight eating 2000-2200.. my friend's who i hang around with will go into the shop to get lunch and it must be around 1200 calories.. for lunch, and everyday they look the same.. it make's me so depressed because I wan't to enjoy myself and eat food like that while i can and stop restricting myself because I'm a growing boy and i want to enjoy it.. but i can't because I'll just get fat? how can i approach this and how can i overcome this? i would so anything to eat what they do and stay the same body shape but i just simply can't.. what should i do or tell myself to stop beating myself up about it?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Look into increasing your activity level and lifting weights.
  • DarthKity
    DarthKity Posts: 16
    Options
    Maybe if you have been restricting for so long without once going over or the occasional cheat day your motabolism has crashed, also I'd adv you to get on the weights:wink:
  • danielgerman17
    Options
    i walk 10-15miles a day, jog an hour a day and still only maintain gain on 2200.