What to do when you CANT find nutrition information for logging

Options
jmac4263
jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
I want to have half a brat with my salad today, I grilled an Apple Brat from Hyvee Deli weight is 3 ounces but I cannot find the nutrition for it. I searched online, Hyvee website doesnt have the information listed, I google searched it and anything close to the description said it was 180 calories for 113g which seems really low for a brat!

What do you do in situations like these? Is there some where I am not looking that I should be??

I found one for pineapple on a generic site for Hyvee brat at it was 282 for 3 oz. Should I just use that and hope its close??

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There are several entries for different brands of apple brats that you can sub in. Personally, I just use the highest calorie alternative and log that.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    There are several entries for different brands of apple brats that you can sub in. Personally, I just use the highest calorie alternative and log that.
    +1

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Yup! Log something similar. I, too, try to overestimate.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Always overestimate. I logged 500 calories for a lemon square the other day because it came off a food truck and was pretty big so I counted it as two servings. Just realize that things will sort of balance themselves out and that calorie counting isn't an exact science, anyway. It's all estimates.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I wing it with my best guess and move on. Even if wrong it won't derail your plan unless you eat it daily.
  • crystalewhite
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Always overestimate. I logged 500 calories for a lemon square the other day because it came off a food truck and was pretty big so I counted it as two servings. Just realize that things will sort of balance themselves out and that calorie counting isn't an exact science, anyway. It's all estimates.

The lemon bar at Corner Bakery is 660 calories!! I believe it though, it's huge with a delicious buttery crust. I will sometimes get it to go and split it with someone.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

The lemon bar at Corner Bakery is 660 calories!! I believe it though, it's huge with a delicious buttery crust. I will sometimes get it to go and split it with someone.

It was my lunch along with 4 ounces of turkey breast. I got my protein, carbs, and fat all in there along with a healthy dose of vitamin C. :lol: I ran a little extra that morning knowing the pastries food truck was going to be at the office and enjoyed every single bite of it.
  • crystalewhite
    Options

It was my lunch along with 4 ounces of turkey breast. I got my protein, carbs, and fat all in there along with a healthy dose of vitamin C. :lol: I ran a little extra that morning knowing the pastries food truck was going to be at the office and enjoyed every single bite of it.

That's a lunch I can get behind!