Options
2»

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    EricSavon wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    <--4 days a week, lifting for 1.5 hours each. No cardio.

You can get it done in three days though. 5x5 would be good.

I haven't tried a 5X5 in a long while. Do you do the sets with little rest to keep HR up? I will see about getting it done. There are few Powerracks in my current gym. Pisses me off. lol
    ICF and StrongLifts are both 5x5.
    I use the StrongLifts phone app at the gym and it tells you to rest 90 seconds if the last set was easy or 180 seconds if it was difficult. The goal isn't to keep the heart rate up, though heavy squats definitely get my heart going like I just sprinted 800m.
  • EricRSRCP
    EricRSRCP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    <--4 days a week, lifting for 1.5 hours each. No cardio.

You can get it done in three days though. 5x5 would be good.

I haven't tried a 5X5 in a long while. Do you do the sets with little rest to keep HR up? I will see about getting it done. There are few Powerracks in my current gym. Pisses me off. lol
    ICF and StrongLifts are both 5x5.
    I use the StrongLifts phone app at the gym and it tells you to rest 90 seconds if the last set was easy or 180 seconds if it was difficult. The goal isn't to keep the heart rate up, though heavy squats definitely get my heart going like I just sprinted 800m.

Ill try it and see if I can get in on a power rack and use that ap.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy moving my body. I lift four days a week and run 5-6 days a week. I lift 1-1.5 a session and run 3-15 miles each time (35-45 miles a week).

I wouldn't consider myself shredded though. I'd like to lose a few pounds, but am overall happy with my weight.

You can get shredded without any cardio. Heck, you don't even need to lift to be "shredded". It's mostly diet.
  • EricRSRCP
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    I really enjoy moving my body. I lift four days a week and run 5-6 days a week. I lift 1-1.5 a session and run 3-15 miles each time (35-45 miles a week).

I wouldn't consider myself shredded though. I'd like to lose a few pounds, but am overall happy with my weight.

You can get shredded without any cardio. Heck, you don't even need to lift to be "shredded". It's mostly diet.

Yes, a lot of it is made in the kitchen. I kinda wish I enjoyed working out. Moving my body is fine. I like martial arts and other activities, but I get bored running and lifting. Im a sad man lol
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every day, the occasional rest day. I do 3 days of lifting, plus body balance, combat, metafit, two shbam dance classes, cxworx and running. I'm the fittest I've ever been. I'm not remotely ripped.. because I eat too much!
  • EricRSRCP
    Options
    kittyr77 wrote: »
    Pretty much every day, the occasional rest day. I do 3 days of lifting, plus body balance, combat, metafit, two shbam dance classes, cxworx and running. I'm the fittest I've ever been. I'm not remotely ripped.. because I eat too much!

I must suck at time management. I don't know how you people do it.

• XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    kittyr77 wrote: »

I must suck at time management. I don't know how you people do it.

Agreed