Let's hear and motivate each other !

Options
Just give a brief explanation as to why you wanted to start being fit & how it's going. :) I'll go.

I'm going to join the military (USMC) because I see it helping me and giving me stability for the future. As of now I've been exercising for 5 days & will start going to a gym. I'm feeling good :) what's your story?

Replies

• cherithomas123
    cherithomas123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome goal-I commend you for making such a life changing decision! I am just a middle aged...on the edge of old...woman who needs to get healthier and fight off diabetes and heart issues and all the stuff that comes with being older and overweight and underexcercised :)
    You sound wise for what I assume must be a younger age! Keep up the good work!
  • Centipede007
    Centipede007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the both of you! :) Let's all get fit and awesome!

My family has tons of obesity in it and I wanted to avoid all of their health issues if I could (especially diabetes). My new goal funnily enough came about from discovering my favourite activity- Krav Maga (and Jiu Jitsu). Now I also want to lose weight so my body can be strong enough to sustain myself in that sport as I work to become a trainer and then maybe an instructor of Krav myself. It's hard because only my mom understands how serious I am, but at least I have her.
  • KatParker78
    KatParker78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband I had just lost 80 lbs, I was feeling so good about myself and loved that I could walk into a store and not struggle with clothes being to tight! I was down to a size 6 and loving life. We lost a baby and my world feel apart and the weight came back on. We finally had a healthy baby boy. My husband is military and we are stationed in Hawaii, I am so motivated to get those 80lbs back off. I am well on my way, I have lost 16lbs in the past month.