Maintenance exercise

Options
what do you consider a good maintenance exercise routine is for the week and how many calories should you eat a day thank you

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I do the same exercise in maintenance as I did when I was losing weight.

I ride about 60 - 80 miles per week and run a couple of 5Ks and lift 2-3x per week...pretty much same as I did when I was losing...I just eat more to maintain my weight at that activity level.

just like losing weight, maintaining weight is more about your overall diet and how many calories you are eating...if you are eating appropriate to your activity level and stats, you will maintain.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I agree. I haven't changed my exercise routine at all, I just eat more at maintenance. How many calories you need to eat is going to be very different from how many I need to eat. It all depends on your age, size and activity level. If you've entered all of that information into MFP and tell it you don't want to lose any weight it will give you the number of calories that should keep you at the same weight you are now. If you find that you're not maintaining then just tweak the number of calories up or down until you find the right number for you.
  • tburgess242002
    tburgess242002 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you both very much