Celebrating the big 40 bday

Options
TuscanySun
TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
I started out this journey to a new me a little over a year and a half ago, with the theme "fit by forty".

Well, today is my 40th birthday and I'm well on my way to it. My original hope, which was aggressive, was to be down 150 lbs by my 40th birthday...I'm almost there....121 is not too darn shabby I think.

And while I'm not technically "fit", I am 121 lbs lighter, stronger, incredibly more active than I was and much, much healthier. Not only physically, but emotionally and mentally as well.

When I started out, my BMI was 57.1. I'm now 36.0. Still "obese", but within spitting distance of "over". Cant wait to hit that one!

I celebrated my birthday by getting up at 4:30 a.m. and exersizing I wanted to be exersizing when my actual birth-time rolled around at 5:45 a.m. and I did it!!

Its been a long year and a half, but the changes I've made are without a doubt going to be life long. They're habit now. They're part of me and the new story I've written for myself. I've taken control of my life and my choices in ways I never thought I could.

I could write alot more...but I just wanted to celebrate where I am and rev up for the rest of my climb to the life I've always wanted and deserved. I have 90 more to go...I know I can do it!

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Congratulations and happy birthday! What a wonderful gift to yourself!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Very happy birthday to you and congratulations all the work you have done to get healthy and change. WOW...121 lbs is a big deal. Hope you are celebrating today!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Happy 40th! I promise you life does not end at 40. It may however end at 41. I'll let you know LOL :drinker:
  • AbsoluteLM
    AbsoluteLM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! You are an amazing inspiration. That is something to celebrate too. :)
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow you look great!!!! Don't you love the freedom of loosing the weight!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous birthday and lifelong present for yourself! Because of this wonderful difference in caring for yourself, your life is and will be so much less painful (walking, moving, etc.). Full steam ahead, Birthday Woman. You have fun with the next 40 years! :drinker:
    BJB, 57yo
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    Congrats on the outstanding weight loss...I am sneaking up on 40(in August). You should be very proud of what you have accomplished!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You have given yourself the best birthday present ever, the present of health and being fit. Happy Birthday and many many more. I know you will reach your goal.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I feel very similar to you! I decided a month ago that I wanted to be "FAT-FREE AT FORTY" and I have 16 months before that happens! So seeing your post I had to read it & then to find out your name is Kelly too! :bigsmile: My brother turns 40 tomorrow and so far I'm ahead of my goal as I had wanted to be at 239 for his birthday and I'm currently sitting at 233!

16 months to go till I turn 40 & I have 74 pounds to leave behind! Congrats on your success so far & I hope you continue on your wonderful lifestyle change-journey!

Have a GREAT birthday, Kelly! :flowerforyou:

Kelly
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Congrats on the lifestyle change and weight loss. You look great!
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Happy 40th! I promise you life does not end at 40. It may however end at 41. I'll let you know LOL :drinker:

You made me laugh right out loud...thank you!!
  • chanson104
    chanson104 Posts: 859
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND WAY TO GO!!! I am sooo happy for you. :drinker:
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT! You should be so proud of your accomplishment. I am so happy for you and inspired at the same time. Have a wonderful birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :happy: :smile: :happy:
  • zandoane
    zandoane Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations to you!!! And, don't worry, 40 is a piece of cake....you'll get there!!
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Congratulations on your success...
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    Thank you all very much!!
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you ! :flowerforyou: You look fabulous. Have a wonderful celebration and enjoy the best gift you could have given yourself..health.:drinker:
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! Your success has to be the best birthday present ever!!!!!! You look so much younger!!!! AMAZING!!!!
  • TuscanySun
    Options
    KeriD...you are officially my best friend...YOUNGER, she says :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kelly!!! As I have said before I think you are a very beautiful woman and I hope your next birthday is celebrated with your at goal weight and with us again! It has been a pleasure being a part of your new life!!! Congrats on the weight loss but even more on the life style change!!! May God continue to bless you!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!