Intake of protein

Options
i thought I was eating a lot more now that I'm trying to gain weight and keeping track of my intake of food , yesterday was the first time on this app, and it told me if I kept in taking the same amount of calories as yesterday I would literally gain 0 pounds. I need help finding good snacks to eat with a lot of protein ( I go to school for 6 hours ) so I need small snacks to eat while I can since I can't eat big meals like of wish

Replies

• gymrat04mf
    gymrat04mf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Quest makes delicious protein bars and also protein chips!
  • JenniferPeraless
    JenniferPeraless Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you !
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs. (Single servings) of nuts, cottage cheese, small cup of yoghurt. Etc.
  • Joshyusernametaken
    Joshyusernametaken Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above. High fat foods will yield the greatest amount of calories per gram. Try some good fats! Surprising how many calories can be in such a small serving of high fat food. Salmon, organic peanut butter etc
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    are you trying to gain weight or also gain muscle OP?
  • JenniferPeraless
    Options
    Trying to gain muscle as well.
  • JenniferPeraless
    Options
    Today I did a lot better at meeting my macros of the day, still working on eating high protein snacks
  • ThomasWright1997
    ThomasWright1997 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm hitting almost 4000 cals/day, 20%protein (200g), 45% carbs (like 490g), and 35% fats (around 180g), at a bodyweight of 160lbs (male). TBH its very easy to hit your macros in 3 meals a day with a snack. I have to stop myself from overshooting my daily intake which should be around 3600.

Today I had:

Greek yogurt (200g) with granola (1 handful and my hands are quite big)

Bacon and cheese scrambled eggs (3 eggs, 4 bacon slices, 150g cheddar)

Chilli salmon (2 salmon fillets) with sweated spinach (100g) and sauté potatoes (a big ol' spud)

Snack:
    Pasta with chicken (1 breast), tomato and chilli sauce (160g) and another 150g cheddar

Obviously, I'm off school now, so it makes it a hella a lot easier, but when at school I just drop cals by 500 or so and just hit the rest of my macros.

If you want to gain weight, regardless whether it's fat or muscle:

Drink beer, its quite oestrogenic.

Otherwise:

COCONUT BUTTER (200 or so cals a tbspoon)
    Almond butter
    Peanut butter
    Weight gainer shakes
    Protein shakes
    Nuts
    Berries/seeds
    CORNED BEEF (LIKE 85g PROTEIN A POT, PLENNT OF FATS ALSO, I just eat it as it is)
    Smoothies
    Fruit bars
    GOMAD (gallon of milk a day.. You'll get fat)
    Beans with cheese on toast

That's all I can think of ATM.

Can confirm, I started around 140lbs and been training for a year to get to 160 at 6'1". I've only gained a tiny amount of fat though.

And I eat up to 4000 cal per day....

I am a true hard gainer.

• nalaandchoco
    nalaandchoco Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Get sum whey protein powder & make shakes, i use Almond milk. Protein bars & nuts r easy 2 take with u as a snack. U could try oats 4 breakfast & add a scoop of protein powder 2 them then u can add berries or whatever u like. Very filling & heaps of good carbs & protein 2 start the day.