keto dynamite to treat diabetes

Options
gainesma
gainesma Posts: 96 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 10 weeks into ketogenic eating to get control over my diabetes. It's working wonderfully now the entire 10 weeks.

On on this journey I've eliminated over 300 insulin injections thus far. my blood sugars are much more normalized then I was when eating omnivore and taking insulin up to 6 times a day.

I have a achieved these results by eating a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate eating style. I have found that fat actually does a better job of regulating high sugar as compared to eating omnivore and injecting insulin.

it's my intent to make this a lifestyle change because injecting insulin is not an option and isn't good for one's health.

my primary goal has been to normalize my blood sugar and that will remain the main goal. although I am looking forward to losing weight as well on the ketogenic approach. blood sugars are nicely in control and now after 4 weeks ketogenic diet I'm steadily losing about 2.5 pounds per week.

Replies

• sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Your findings are identical to my partners. He's a type one diabetic. Usually would take 6-8 injections a day (slow and fast acting). Hes down to 2 a day now (just slow). He's so much happier and doesn't have such a hard time controlling his highs. He also doesn't sweat through the bedsheets after dinner anymore. Poor thing.

Anyway, I'm so happy that you're doing so well! I'm glad you're well satiated. High fat seems to really quell the hunger. Try Shirataki noodles if you haven't already. They're a great way to enjoy 'pasta' for 1 or 2 G's of carbs.

• gainesma
    gainesma Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    thank you very much and ask for the noodles I haven't really even been missing them. type 1 is much more serious then type 2 diabetes because your husband must take insulin. as you know I'm sure he really needs to watch out for low blood sugar. he should have invest in a blood ketone meter and it works just like and sugar meter but it measures ketones.

the reason I mention this especially since he's doing a ketogenic diet which is OK, but with a word of caution... type 1 diabetics since they don't make any insulin are at a higher risk for a condition known as ketoacidosis. in the presence of insulin it's very difficult to get into a state of ketoacidosis. however, in a person that secretes little to none with respect to insulin they are at a higher risk to developing ketoacidosis. ketoacidosis is as deadly as low blood sugar. Please have him read up on the so that he can avoid any incidence of this deadly syndrome.