ZUCCHINI NOODLES (Pasta Substitute)

Options
13»

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Love my zoodles! Especially sauteed in olive oil with garlic chips, chilies and a good dose of parmesan! Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes as well.
  • kirstenkelly298
    kirstenkelly298 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have also made noodles out of very thinly sliced bell pepper, it tastes really good in a cajun style dish or with an alfredo type sauce. You can't even tell they aren't noodles!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

And bacon and spinach butternut squash noodles
    0ksvbhjiagcq.jpg

I was wondering if butternut was a good replacement! Need really been fan of zucchini, but your butternut dish looks yummy!
  • MomMel65
    MomMel65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, why haven't I thought of this?! Must get me a spiralizer!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has a ton of the recipes. My niece has had great results using her spiralizer for low carb meals. I like the idea of having SOME pasta noodles and some veggie noodles. I am planning to get a spiralizer tomorrow and get started on this.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I had zoodles last night with my bolognese and the rest of the family had regular pasta. Sometimes I do a carrot/zuchinni combo and just lighting saute with coco oil and cracked pepper and lemon juice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like to sauté veggies, then add them in with a wedge or two of spreadable cheese (like laughing cow).
    This cheesy bowl is only 130 calories and its filling!
    cuc5xxtl9ajv.jpg

So I tried to replicate this, sorta... with cherry tomatoes instead of mixed veggies. The store didn't have laughing cow but they had something similar so I bought that, and found out pretty fast that that brand does NOT melt. So by the time it was cooked down enough, I had some sort of zucchini and tomato soup. Was still delicious, lol.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I tried to replicate this, sorta... with cherry tomatoes instead of mixed veggies. The store didn't have laughing cow but they had something similar so I bought that, and found out pretty fast that that brand does NOT melt. So by the time it was cooked down enough, I had some sort of zucchini and tomato soup. Was still delicious, lol.

Aww! At least it was good! The trick is to sauté the veggies all the way, then add the melty cheese (even cream cheese works) and the zucchini noodles - I can do them at the same time, but you may want to add the cheese then the zucchini noodles last.
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    b3iokafhacg3.jpg
    My zoodles, NO sauce. Just veggies, spices, hot sauce. Yummm
  • fldelgaudio
    fldelgaudio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love zoodles
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Zoodled with grilled calamari, shrimp and tossed in tomato vodka sauce. Love it :)

That meal is right up my alley!
  • Butterflies_And_Chaos
    Butterflies_And_Chaos Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lots of zucchini & am always looking for new ways to prepare it... thanks for the posts and the tips!! :smile:
  • KathrynLarosa
    KathrynLarosa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Our fave Zoodles - sauteed lightly then tossed with minced fresh basil, parm cheese, & garlic !!! With roasted cherry tomatoes - soo good.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Cant wait to try some of these recipes!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I made sloppy joes last night and my family had it on buns and I had mine over zoodles. I like to spiralize a cucumber, add fresh mint, red wine vinegar, olive oil, and some red onion. Super yummy.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    What if i just want to eat some buttered/salted zucchini noodles? Is that something in the realm of feasibility?
    Wouldn't that just be sautéed zucchini?
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I've sauteed red peppers and added them to zoodles with leftover turkey taco meat (again, some laughing cow), then topped with jalapeno, scallion, and cilantro. It's my absolute favorite!
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've never been a zucchini person but bought a spiralizer (well, a vegetti- they sell them at bed bath and beyond and kroger now) and wow. It's not a 100% spagetti taste, but it's a damn good 95%. All I usually do is warm it in the microwave for a few seconds and top with sauce
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Note to self - stop grating your thumb when spiralizing.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like pad thai with zucchini noodles. I can tell that it isn't rice noodles, but it's delicious, and low carb.