I want to lose 44 pounds by the end of october

Options
Hi my name is Ashley, I'm a stay at home mom to 4 beautiful kids, 6 yo boy and girl twins, a 5 yo girl and a 4 month old girl. I'm also a truckers wife so I do almost everything by myself, even though I am always on the move chasing after my kids, I am still having a difficult time losing weight. I want to get back to my before kids weight of 160, I currently weigh 204. I am trying not to eat anymore than 1300 calories a day and eat mostly vegetables and lean protein. I exercise every chance I get , dancing, squats, running in place, crunches, taking walks with the kids among other things. My Grandma/mom just had quadruple bypass surgery last week and I don't ever want to go through what she is going through. I am only 6 days into this new life and I could use all the friends and support I can get. After all it is sometimes difficult to eat baked fish while you are watching your kids eat pizza. I haven't cheated so far and I don't plan too.

Replies

• RosielovesArturo
    RosielovesArturo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is a serious goal. Keep up the good work!
  • ashleysolomon119
    ashleysolomon119 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Kdpw123456
    Kdpw123456 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose a similar amount of weight! Keep it up! I've gone down a bunch, but always need support! Feel free to friend me!
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why the end of October? Why does the time frame matter? That's over 3lb a week. You're not going to be able to lose that much weight that quickly in a healthy way.

Which especially concerns me since your children are going to watch you throughout what is essentially a crash diet. In my opinion that isn't a good message to be sending to such young children.

You you focus on making healthy changes instead? And involve the children. You could get them into the kitchen with you and make healthy pizzas together - kids love that sort of stuff and that way you can all eat the same meals together.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Agree with above poster. This plan does not sound wise. First losing that much weight in 3 months is next to impossible. And yup, get the kids in the kitchen and make healthy meals everyone can eat. Set an example so your kids learn healthy eating from the start.
  • SherryTeach
    Options
    Also, are you nursing that tiny baby? If so, and hopefully you are, that little girl's nutrition comes first.
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Any reason you want to lose that much weight by then? That is only about 14 weeks, and is over three pounds a week. That is likely not a sustainable goal, you will likely lose a lot of lean body mass and not just fat, and you will be very likely to gain a good portion of it back.

I would highly recommend a much smaller deficit, without knowing more about your body statistics it is hard to know what a reasonable about of weight loss would be, but it is probably a lot less than 2 lbs / week. You may be able to sustain 2lbs/week for the first few weeks, but shortly after that you will need to slow down your loss or you will lose quite a bit of lean mass even at that rate as you get closer to your goal.

This is a good place to start http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

There is a ton of good info in these threads, I highly recommend you read every link in the first post of each:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177907/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177910/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    . After all it is sometimes difficult to eat baked fish while you are watching your kids eat pizza. I haven't cheated so far and I don't plan too.

my kids have had fish 3 times in the last week and hasn't killed them yet. No reason your kids can't eat healthy with you. 44 pounds is a milestone on a longer lifetime journey. If not, you will find yourself on the yo-yo plan.

That said, I wish you great luck on your journey.

• ashleysolomon119
    Options
    They do eat healthy most of the time, although I do let the have pizza, chips ect occasionally, after all they are kids. Losing 44 pounds is my short term goal, my long term goal is to get to 140 pounds or less. Btw what is a yoyo plan? Thank you.
  • SherryTeach
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The famous yo-yo plan is when you set out to lose a crazy, unrealistic amount of weight in a short period of time, go all hung ho and deny yourself all the pleasures of life. It lasts until you are sick of eating celery and dry lettuce and then you rebound by eating everything can stuff in your mouth. You lose. . . the yo-yo drops and then it bounces right back up again, leaving you worse off because you have swapped your muscles for fat. It's not a good plan.
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    No, unfortunately I was only able to nurse the first month. My calorie goal is 1450, so eating 1300 is only 150 less calories.
  • beatua1
    beatua1 Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    They do eat healthy most of the time, although I do let the have pizza, chips ect occasionally, after all they are kids. Losing 44 pounds is my short term goal, my long term goal is to get to 140 pounds or less. Btw what is a yoyo plan? Thank you.

Yoyo plan is what I was talking about in my post, going up and down because your losses are not sustainable and you are losing a lot of lean body mass, and so after you lose the weight it comes right back. Basically you gain a lot of lean mass back and your eating habits, which weren't sustainable, go back to their old ways and the weight comes back.

Edit: Apparently all of my posts are too slow today.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? It might be possible to lose 2-3lbs a week to begin with if you have a significant amount of weight to lose but as you get closer to your goal/a healthy weight if won't be possible or healthy to lose weight that fast. You should definitely still lose the weight but your expectations about the time frame might need to be adjusted.

Also, the type of calorie deficit needed to lose weight fast can be in the long term unsustainable. You might be able to deal with it to begin with but there's a good chance you 'll find it easier to stick to this in the long term if you shoot for a smaller calorie deficit (this will help with feelings of hunger and binge eating etc.)

Good luck
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Good luck, but I have to be another party pooper and tell you you will do more harm than good trying it this way......You have yourself on the lowest calories possible, you have set a time limit that is not easily or realistically achievable, and if by chance you lose the weight that fast by depriving yourself, you WILL LOSE SO MUCH MUSCLE MASS, THAT MAINTAINING WILL BE EXTREMELY HARD........

You will be dissapointed with your looks, because losing too much muscle will make the number on the scale look better, but not so much your body.....

Take it slow, allow yourself more food, don't get stuck on baked fish and veggies, forget about the timeline, and make it part of your and your family's lifestyle.... Which basically means you can have a slice of pizza with your kids once a week, just add a big yummy salad to it, and the can have fish and veggies with you.......
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Also, why are you eating LESS than the calorie goal MFP gave you?
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    I am eating more than veggis, tonight I had baked tallapia, steamed broccoli, and mashed cauliflower made like a baked potato with heart healthy butter, low fat sour cream and cheese, for dessert I had low fat blueberry greek yogurt and fresh strawberries. We are renewing our vows on October 30th and I want to be able to fit back into my wedding dress. I have never really been a big eater, most of my weight comes from being pregnant, drinking way too many regular sodas when I was not pregnant or breast feeding , eating to much salt, not getting enough water and not exercising like I should. I really don't think replacing potatoes with cauliflower is doing that much damage.
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    I weigh 204 and my healthy weight for my height is 130 to 150. So all together I need to lose 64 pounds
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    I am having to force myself to eat 1300 calories now that I am not getting any from soda.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am having to force myself to eat 1300 calories now that I am not getting any from soda.

Peanut butter, avocado, pasta, chocolate cake, pizza, ice cream, etc. These things will help you get to 1300 calories if you're having problems. Is 1300 what MFP gave you to eat or did it tell you to eat 1450 and you think you have to eat less than that?
  • ashleysolomon119
    Options
    It told me to eat 1450. I had to take to breaks while I was eating dinner because I felt full.