Eating the same thing everyday

Options

Replies

• Stacey_Leeann
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast/lunch/snacks. I alway eat something different for dinner. It works for me, because it is one less thing I have to think about.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast/lunch most weekdays, and I'm fine with it. It takes out a lot of the guesswork, and it's filled with enough fruits and vegetables becoming "malnourished" isn't an issue. Nights and weekends, I vary things.

What he said :-)
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every morning like many of the posts I see on here. I do find I tend to stick with the same snack items such as a weight watchers string cheese (I don't like milk so gives me some protein and calcium), Dannon Light & Fit Greek 2x Protein yogurt, avacodo, etc. I often vary my dinner. But, I guess I do kind of eat much of the same thing each day with some variation but not a lot and I don't mind it so much. I do vary my fruit as I like lots of different kinds of fresh fruit. Weekends and eating out are where I run into my problems :grumble:
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do that, way too difficult. My cravings would be out of control if I didn't have variety in my week!

Good Luck!

I find the opposite - if I stick to the same meals I don't have to think about what I'm eating and cravings don't bother me.

I do get fed up of eating the same things eventually, but I can go for weeks on just a handful of different meals.
  • tattedlady75
    tattedlady75 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thats how I have been doing it now for about 2 months or more. During the work week, M-F, I have oats with raisins, sugar free maple syrup, flaxmeal and milk for breakfast. Lunch is almost always a sandwich with plenty of home grown lettuce and carrots on the side. Snacks and Dinner is where I add the variety and then of course there is the weekend.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I tend to cycle through a few different things like frozen waffles with peanut butter, oatmeal with nuts/dried fruit, bagel thins, etc. If I get bored, I find something new until the previous options sound good again. Lunch and dinner vary pretty much every day. If I have to eat the same thing every day, I will go crazy and my cravings will get out of control. I often eat leftovers from dinner, so I already know the calorie count because I figured it out the night before :bigsmile:
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things for a week. Sundays are usually my cooking day, and I'll either make something in the crockpot & pack it all up so it's easy to grab or make a bunch of chicken & veggies for the week. This way at least every week whatever I make in the crockpot is different and I can mix up the veggies that I make on a weekly basis. I usually grab different fruits though to switch it up.

It really helps me because I can grab it and go during the week and know exactly what it is that I'm eating.
  • hisirishwench
    Options
    I am seeing a dietician - luckily at a reduced fee through my company. She suggested starting out eating the same thing until I learn how to balance my intake - this isn't just about calories its about the food balance. She also said within three weeks to change it up so that I don't get bored and fall into old unhealthy habits!

Sample wise, currently I either have a Special K ham egg cheese breakfast sandwich or one with egg, sausage and cheese. She gave me options such as a yogurt and piece of fruit or fresh scrambled egg or hard boiled egg, a piece of fruit and slice of toast. Easy ways to switch it up and not get sick of eating the same. Same for lunch, sample meals such as a sandwich with carrot sticks or a bowl of soup (12 oz) a piece of bread and fruit, 1 slice of veggie pizza & side salad. If you can plan ahead it is much easier to know what you are going to need/have for options. My issue is getting out of the house easily with a 6 year old so poppin the sandwich in the micro for 1.30 and leaving with it is easy - then I have fruit when I get to work. Keep fruits, nuts and healthier items available for quick grab and go. Yogurt, cheese sticks, apples, carrots, celery, banana, cherries, peaches, etc...

Dinner is the worst meal for me by the time I get home I don't want to cook and now I have to cook so I can manage my eating :wink: I give it about 4 weeks and it will all be part of my life, healthy habits making me a more fit and happier person.

Make a meal plan that you can switch up day to day and plan for with weekly shopping :)

Good luck, let us know how it turns out...add me as a friend and I'll share some other information from the dietician! :happy:
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    How did we make it to page twop without someone saying orthorexic?

Booooooooooooo

Orthorexic...

Perhaps think of a few different meals and cycle them. I prefer a lot of variety, but, if you try and figure out the "healthiest" meal possible, and always eat the same meals, you WILL have deficiencies UNLESS you do a fair amount of research and make sure you're getting a proper balance of micro nutrients in said diet..

In other words, if said diet was deficient in iron and potassium, and you ate it every day, its not healthy, no matter how "clean" you think it is. This is just an example.

BOOM
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I'm a habitual eater. It works for me.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My breakfast and lunch entries are so predictable my "friends" probably don't even bother checking out those meals in my diary. I've eaten muesli and banana (sometimes add another fruit) every single morning for the past 6 months. I eat an omelette with added things (generally the same add ins) nearly every single lunch for the past 6 months, even the weekend. I enjoy what I'm eating, so why choose something I may not enjoy. I have a 7 day main dinner menu plan, which I mix up from time to time (for the family too) and occasionally try and make something new and different. I'm not the greatest, most inventive cook and I dislike trying to think of new meal ideas.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have basically eaten the same breakfast for 8 years not for dieting purposes but because I like it and it fills me up.

6 egg whites, 1 cup of frozen spinach(defrosted and squeezed out) and 1 ounce of cheese eaten with salsa and sometimes sour cream. Yum:)

I do eat the same lunch for weeks at a time during the weekdays. I switch it up on the weekends but not by much.

Some people need variety and some don't. To each his own... I eat a lot of the same things because I want to.
  • AprilMae1975
    AprilMae1975 Posts: 726
    Options
    Totally my problem...lol!!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just add a little of this, a little of that to each meal. For example, say you buy half a cow and have it in your freezer. Chances are you're gonna wind up eating beef around 300 days a year. But one day make it with rice, the next with brocolli, the next with squash, the next grind it up and have hamburgers on a bun
  • irishscootz
    Options
    I have been doing this, sort of, for the past few months. It has worked great for me! I usually have a protein shake for breakfast, then 3 peices of fruit, deli meat, and greek yogurt for lunch. There are still small variations to this, that keeps me from getting bored, sch as different types of fruit, and deli meat.
  • irishscootz
    Options
    I have been doing this, sort of, for the past few months. It has worked great for me! I usually have a protein shake for breakfast, then 3 peices of fruit, deli meat, and greek yogurt for lunch. There are still small variations to this, that keeps me from getting bored, such as different types of fruit, and deli meat.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Thank you all for the input. I think I will try it for a few weeks and see how it goes. I will switch things up at dinner but keep breakfast and lunch the same. I love the idea of cooking lots of chicken for the week ahead of time for salads during the week.
    I guess for some people it works and others not so much. I think for me and the fact that I work M-F 7:30 - 3:00, this will make life easier.

Again thanks for all the responses :)
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    ......and look at all the weight you have lost!!!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Lol!!! I wish i could fit that much cow in my freezer!!!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Yep, i tend to have the same thing for all meals monday thru friday. Then on the weekends, we cook healthy but better stuff. This takes all guessing out and i usually have everything because i normally buy the same stuff at the store. Plus, i loose weight faster when i stick to the same stuff. Not sure why.