Don't like new MFP Settings

lfetter61
lfetter61 Posts: 8 Member
I'm really annoyed, there are now settings on MFP that were free that now you have to pay for. Now if I don't want my exercise calories to be added to my total calories available for the day, I have to pay to have that turned off?? Premium settings should be extra items, not taking away basic settings and making you pay for them. Anyone else annoyed with the new settings?

Replies

• TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Yes. Under Armour swooped in and took away some basic features without warning.

:s
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited July 2015
    lfetter61 wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed, there are now settings on MFP that were free that now you have to pay for. Now if I don't want my exercise calories to be added to my total calories available for the day, I have to pay to have that turned off?? Premium settings should be extra items, not taking away basic settings and making you pay for them. Anyone else annoyed with the new settings?

Meh, I just a log a 1 calorie burn for all exercises. There are a lot more troubling aspects of MFP than something which has an easy workaround.

ETA: Also, this should probably be in the feedback section. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/website-suggestions-feedback
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    The statement that "there are now settings on MFP that were free that now you have to pay for" is false. A user never had the ability to turn off having exercise Calories added to total Calories available.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    CyberTone wrote: »
    The statement that "there are now settings on MFP that were free that now you have to pay for" is false. A user never had the ability to turn off having exercise Calories added to total Calories available.

This.

I have never been able to figure out why people don't just refrain from logging their exercise in MFP if they don't want it added to their calories. Use a notebook or another app to log your exercise.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Yes. Under Armour swooped in and took away some basic features without warning.

:s
    Could you provide an example of a basic feature MFP took away?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    CyberTone wrote: »

This.

I have never been able to figure out why people don't just refrain from logging their exercise in MFP if they don't want it added to their calories. Use a notebook or another app to log your exercise.

Like I posted above, I log a 1 calorie burn for everything. Doing that allows me to track my exercise time and nutrition in 1 spot. Who cares about logging the exercise burn if those calories are already factored into your goals?