Bubble butt

Options
any tips or excerises for me to do to achieve that beautiful hour glass figure..
And that prefect popping round bubble butt apart from the obvious squats....

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    To get dat der 'bubble butt' or hour glass figure... you're going to need to need to gain muscle mass. Muscle building and weight gain require a caloric surplus; this means you eat more calories than your body needs to maintain it's weight. This is commonly known was a bulk.

Most people tend to go with a 250 daily caloric surplus (0.5lb gain per week) or a 500 daily caloric surplus (1lb gain per week).

In terms of nutrition, these are good frameworks for your macros;
    • 250-500 calorie surplus
    • 0.6-0.8g of protein per lb of body mass
    • 0.4-0.45g of fat per lb of body mass
    • fill rest of calories with carbs

Good beginner lifting programs which will increase strength and mass are;
    • New Rules of Lifting For Women*
    • Strong Curves*
    • ICF 5x5
    • Stronglifts 5x5

* These plans are very useful to you; use them!

Squats, deadlifts, lunges, calf raises... all good :)
  • rsj722
    rsj722 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Highly recommend you read everything by Bret Contreras " the glute guy" and his program in Strong Curves. Hip Thrusts..Hip Thrusts..Hip Thrusts!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves is the program you will likely want. It is a book that contains four programs, three of which are full body and one is lower body only. One of the full body programs is also bodyweight only. The lower body programming is for maximizing glute development. You can get a draft of the programs by googling "strong curves pdf." I recommend getting the book, in hard copy, to use as a reference and also because the final versions of the programs are slightly different from the pdf.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    rsj722 wrote: »
    Highly recommend you read everything by Bret Contreras " the glute guy" and his program in Strong Curves. Hip Thrusts..Hip Thrusts..Hip Thrusts!

+1 I have a nice booty from weighted hip thrusts
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    any tips or excerises for me to do to achieve that beautiful hour glass figure..

I'm gonna have to see your butt first, before I can make any solid recommendations
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    freak4iron wrote: »

I'm gonna have to see your butt first, before I can make any solid recommendations

Haha that was clever :smile:
  • chelseaxxx13
    chelseaxxx13 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well I'm speaking on behalf of my 87 year old grandmother.. Do it still want to see...
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    The other suggestion are really good! I am trying to grow my backside, so these are the workouts I usually do for my glutes:
    Donkey kickbacks
    Reverse lunges
    squats (sumo, goblet, bulgarian split, and traditional)
    Curtsy lunges
    Hip abductor/adductor machine (facing the back rest to focus on glutes)
    Side steps with a resistance band
    Barbell hip thrusts
    Step ups
    Traditional walking lunges

You want to make sure you hit all 3 glute muscles!
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Be aware that some of it is genetics. Less than .01% of people have a perfect physique, the rest of us make do with what we were given.
  • rsj722
    rsj722 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be aware that some of it is genetics. Less than .01% of people have a perfect physique, the rest of us make do with what we were given.

We were all given a perfect physique..less than.01% are happy with what they were given!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ask for different parents.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree weighted hip thrusts ..look into strong curves im probably not supposed to say this here but you can find the worksheet downloads online but im sure the book is better to get.
  • chelseaxxx13
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm actually reading it right now aha .. Didn't realise how good hip thrusts were!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm actually reading it right now aha .. Didn't realise how good hip thrusts were!

Yes to hip thrust. I do them myself. Definitely a real world application lift.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves. Adding to above: elevated barbell hip thrust (isohold method), single-leg elevated glute march...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    Strong Curves. Adding to above: elevated barbell hip thrust (isohold method), single-leg elevated glute march...

you mean 20140219-063844.jpg?w=310&h=270&crop=1

Over

Rack-Hip-Thrusts.jpg?1377118880

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    rileyes wrote: »

you mean 20140219-063844.jpg?w=310&h=270&crop=1

Over

Rack-Hip-Thrusts.jpg?1377118880

Elevated is better. Add as much weight as you can. Elevating both feet and shoulders is best IMHO.
  • chelseaxxx13
    Options
    How many reps and sets do you recommend for this?
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    rsj722 wrote: »

We were all given a perfect physique..less than.01% are happy with what they were given!

Tell that to the elephant man.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options

All the women in my family have pancake butts and I definitely didn't have much for shape until I started focusing on it. The glutes are a muscle just like any other. If you do the work and have the diet to support it, they will grow!