Lululemon?

Options
Char231023
Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
What is the obsession with Lululemon? I don't get it, their workout clothes look like all the other yoga pants and tanks tops out there. Why would you spend that much on something you are "suppose" to get sweaty? Will someone please enlighten me.

Replies

• angelxbaby714
    angelxbaby714 Posts: 939 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I prefer Victoria's secret their yoga pants are always on sale for 25$ (:
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    In our current neighborhood women straight-up wear lulu stuff all day as a fashion/status statement (it's a suuuuuper yuppie/millennial-filled area).

I haven't bought their stuff recently, but I have a pair of their yoga capris from almost 5 years ago that are still totally functional (I wear them to exercise in, not as daily attire tho), and I have a sports bra I've also had for years that doesn't have any visible wear and still does an amazing job of preventing painful bounce. I don't think any of the other brands I buy now have ever had pieces last that long for me... which is the irony of being on a budget and spending less on items I wind up replacing more often. Oh well.
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure they weren't made for butts my size! :-)
  • Char231023
    Options
    For the amount they cost they better last FOREVER and make my butt look AMAZING.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Have you tried them on?
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Oh great, now I want to buy/try them, lol. Never heard of them before...
  • Char231023
    Options
    No that is why I am asking. Are they as magical as everyone keeps saying.
  • arditarose
    Options
    For my first pair, I received a gift certificate so I paid nothing. I couldn't even fathom walking into the store before that. But they are...pretty special. Not only do they make your butt look amazing (my boyfriend knows when I'm wearing them), they are comfortable as hell. I've never worn a pant that felt as good on my body. I finally caved and bought another pair on my own.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    No that is why I am asking. Are they as magical as everyone keeps saying.

I almost regret ever having tried them.
  • Luke_I_am_your_spotter
    Luke_I_am_your_spotter Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I've never thought "what brand are those yoga pants" as I stare...I mean quickly glimpse"...at ladies wearing yoga pants.
  • Char231023
    Options
    For me I guess I would rather lift and workout (while calorie deficient) to make my butt look amazing. That way it can look amazing in all my clothes. Spend the extra money on a massage or some other way to treat myself. But I will admit I am a cheapskate. Even if I had 10 Million dollars I would still shop at the dollar store and look for hidden gems in the clearance racks.
  • arditarose
    Options
    For me I guess I would rather lift and workout (while calorie deficient) to make my butt look amazing. That way it can look amazing in all my clothes. Spend the extra money on a massage or some other way to treat myself. But I will admit I am a cheapskate. Even if I had 10 Million dollars I would still shop at the dollar store and look for hidden gems in the clearance racks.

I still do all that. Like I said, once you try them on-you get it. Same with designer jeans. Can't go back. No way I'm going to buy their tops or bras though.

I love the dollar store too! I bought some fake fart noise putty there the other day.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I LOVE my Lulu's. I have two pair. Wish I could afford many more! (and yes, they make your butt look amazing)! Comfort+

P.S. - If my husband asks, they were $30
  • arditarose
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »
    I LOVE my Lulu's. I have two pair. Wish I could afford many more! (and yes, they make your butt look amazing)! Comfort+

The comfort is a huge factor! I'll have one of my cheaper pairs on, and when I switch to the lulu's I'm like...ahhhhh. I can breathe.
  • Char231023
    Options
    Glynn20 wrote: »

P.S. - If my husband asks, they were $30

That's funny I think my husband would shot me if I spent too much on my workout clothes. Considering he will wear t-shirts until they fall apart to the gym.
  • Char231023
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I still do all that. Like I said, once you try them on-you get it. Same with designer jeans. Can't go back. No way I'm going to buy their tops or bras though.

I love the dollar store too! I bought some fake fart noise putty there the other day.

I think you and I would get along great, along with my 5yr old.
  • z304
    z304 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For the amount they cost they better last FOREVER and make my butt look AMAZING.

Re: butt look AMAZING. YES. I don't know if it's the material or the cut or where the seams are, but yep there's a huge difference wearing them vs. other brands.
    Comfort too. Seams aren't scratchy or irritating, moisture wicking is awesome. They don't lose their shape (get baggy in knees after awhile, etc) like I've had cheaper brands do.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of lulu yoga pants that I've had at least 10 years. They've lasted through kickboxing and being washed 3 times a week, pregnancy, camping, etc and are still in good condition. I've definitely gotten my money out of them.

They have some really cute tops too. The one in my profile pic is a built-in bra. I love it. Their customer service is amazing - free hemming, repairs, etc.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I think you and I would get along great, along with my 5yr old.

Most likely. I'm an early childhood teacher ha.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    High Five!