Please help with my menu

trying to find good menus that are 1200-1400 calories. Kind of driving myself crazy to make it well balanced. Low sugar, low sodium, low carbs. Can you guys give me some ideas from your diaries that are of similiar parameters.

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    The low sodium gets worked out by cooking from home with whole foods. What do you mean by well balanced?
    Here are some sites with low carb/low sugar recipes:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/satisfying-low-carb-dinners#.shOdRmMnz
    http://authoritynutrition.com/101-healthy-low-carb-recipes/
  • vickiejayne82
    vickiejayne82 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    My current favourite is making a chicken salad and cooking the chicken in pesto. Just the thighs, really tasty and mixing with some salad. Let me know if you would like a recipe! Good luck!
    Victoria
  • jessjess530
    jessjess530 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks. I mean well blanced as in a versatile ingredients throughout the day. Also, recipes are great but I'm really looking for fullnday examples with the mentioned parameter. 1200-1400 calories. Show me full diaries that that fit these categories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    "versatile ingredients" ?? My evening meal is usually 4 ozs of meat or fish with two four ounce or so portions of green vegetables. An egg omelette (2 eggs) with an ounce of cheddar cheese for lunch perhaps. Just about to have breakfast of full fat yoghurt with strawberries. HTH.
  • jessjess530
    And what is the calorie count? Are you using oil? Butter? How much yogurt? I would like all kinds of details. Almost looking for someone to help consult on a die gard 1200-1400 count but with versatile selection. Meaning not the same thing every day I guess.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    my diary is open, logging is far from 100% but I'll ramp it up for a week. Tend to fry green beans in coconut oil, add low carb caesar dressing or mayo to broccoli, that sort of thing.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    And what is the calorie count? Are you using oil? Butter? How much yogurt? I would like all kinds of details. Almost looking for someone to help consult on a die gard 1200-1400 count but with versatile selection. Meaning not the same thing every day I guess.

So you'd like a nutritionist or dietician to give you a meal plan?
  • peaches71l
    peaches71l Posts: 2 Member
    all you have to do is start eating fresh foods like veggies and fruits and lean meats mess around with them make meals that satisfy your cravings that is the best advice stop eating junk foods and you will be surprised how many calories you can get out of fresh foods it is not much (no processed foods) drop as many carbs as possible i replace white rice for brown breads are a nono unless it is whole grain and pastas i limit to once per week. learn normal potion size. dairy i limit to one serving twice a day. I am diabetic and this is how i have become able to control my daibetes and i have loss 80 pounds it is 80 percent food and 20 percent exercise . I do 30 minutes of cardio and do strength training every other day and then i have a free day to reset my metabolism. YOU GOT THIS!! good luck in your journey If you would like you can add me a s a friend :)
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    My diary is open, my cals are 1500 but you might get some ideas?
  • Ellitamaria
    Ellitamaria Posts: 34 Member
    I am not an expert and nutritionist, but here are some meals I enjoy eating:
    Some light options:
    Breakfast: an egg seasoned with paprika and Italian seasonings with a slice of whole grain bread. ( I cook with a cast iron pan so I don't add butter or oil to the food.)

Lunch: Boiled broccoli, baby carrots, and baked chicken breast seasoned with garlic and pepper. A side salad with NO dressing. (I don't like the taste of those creamy dressings and the oil ones... eh :/) I rather eat it plain or with some sliced tomatos

Dinner: Salmon with various vegetables and a cup of rice.

Add me, I want supportive friends and I want to be a support!
  • jessjess530
    Thanks for the posts that were helpful.
  • jessjess530

Will you please add me Trish? For some reason my phone won't let me add you. And thank you especially for the offer. I need more accountability/support.
  • jessjess530

Will you please add me Trish? For some reason my phone won't let me add you. And thank you especially for the offer. I need more accountability/support.

• courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Feel free to take a look at my diary for some ideas.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    If you do an internet search for 1200 calorie menu or 1400 calorie menu you can find lots of sample menus.

I usually eat between 1200 and around 1500 calories. I don't have a special diet. I rarely exceed the sugar goal. I often go over the sodium goal but attempt to not go over by more than 1,000 mg. I generally eat something different for dinner everyday but will eat the same things for breakfast, lunches and snacks pretty often. My diary is open and I log every day.