Looking for good "prize" for finishing an exercise challenge

I'm challenging myself to run at least 1 mile on my treadmill each day for the next 2 months, but what can I get myself as a "prize" if I complete my challenge?

I've been reading up on Habits and rewarding yourself for good habits and most say that the best reward is something that makes you continue the habit like new running shoes or new headphones (but I actually just got both of those). Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Replies

• Steve_ApexNC
    Steve_ApexNC Posts: 210 Member
    beccaod wrote: »
    I'm challenging myself to run at least 1 mile on my treadmill each day for the next 2 months, but what can I get myself as a "prize" if I complete my challenge?

I've been reading up on Habits and rewarding yourself for good habits and most say that the best reward is something that makes you continue the habit like new running shoes or new headphones (but I actually just got both of those). Does anyone have any good suggestions?

depends on you I guess. An iTunes gift card for self so you can load more music up? A TV screen to hang on the wall in front of the treadmill. A book holder for the treadmill. A new fan (I have two cuz my garage is darn hot this time of year). Some new socks or running pants.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    A massage, pedicure or manicure would be nice :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    New workout clothes - good stuff like Athleta or Lululemon.

Pedicure/Manicure

Mini vacation or trip to do something fun?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Are you going to increase speed / incline as you go and take rest days :)

Apart from fitness...which is it's own reward

Just get yourself something you'd like

I like massages and facials and new underwear and flowers and shiny things :bigsmile:
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    I always opt for cheesecake. :p
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    See, I could never get myself a 'prize' because if I have to spend my own money on it then it's just a purchase not a prize haha. I don't like spending my own money, however if I really want something then I just buy it. Haha. I'm not helpful I know.
    Workout clothes are a fave thing for me to buy right now.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Whatever it is, make sure it's realistic and a real motivator and also make sure that it is NOT food.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Your prize should be running at least 2 miles a day instead of 1.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Cute running clothes!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    R2D2 dress from Think Geek
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Making a habit of working out is the hardest habit to build. It actually takes about three months instead of the usual 30 days that most habits take.

If you like running on the treadmill, it will easier to complete the challenge than it will be if you are forcing yourself. It's very hard to form a habit to do something you don't want to do.

So, make sure that any reward you are giving yourself is reinforcing the act of running.

Personally, I could never do that - I find the treadmill one of the most boring activities ever. If I were running, I'd be outside, or at least on the indoor track in my Y.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Maybe up the miles. Like do 1.5 miles, 2, 2.5 or whatever

new workout clothes

water bottle

haircut

shopping spree

save money and put a decent amount in the bank