Goals: Lowering cholesterol and losing 15 pounds

Options
Hi all,
I've been using MFP for 41 days now. I am female, 54 years old, weighed 178 when I first signed on and have set myself on a diet of 1030 calories a day. I also began walking briskly 3 miles a day on average and do a few targeted resistance band exercises.
Besides losing 15 pounds, I need to lower my cholesterol levels. In June I was at 233 with an LDL of 140 and the doctor wants to put me on statins. She drew some more blood this week and we agreed if it was lower or the same, we would wait until September and check again.
So, I've eliminated most bread, cheese, all sweets (except for a treat once a week) and begun actually trying to eat healthily with more Omega-3 fats and more protein.
I've only lost about 4 pounds and am very frustrated about that especially since when I finish my food diary every day I'm told I'll weight 165 pounds in five weeks. I've been reading that for three weeks now. I no longer believe it!
Glad to be here, although I hope my new eating habits will soon be just that and I won't need to count calories anymore.
Miz Corbie in NYC