Burning Question.

Options
Hi everyone. My question is this, I've just started back into exercising and calorie counting and I tend to have a light snack, mostly fruit before I go out for a run, usually around 5pm. Problem is when I get back an hour - 90 minutes later, I'm not hungry enough for dinner and just don't feel like eating anything at all. This is worrying me as it leaves me with about 500 extra calories allocated for my dinner + the 500+ I would have burnt during exercise. I don't want this to affect my weight loss long term so any suggestions are welcome.

P/S I also don't want to force myself into eating as this isn't healthy too. My biggest meal is lunch then I'm drinking plenty as well. Do you think this could be the problem? Please help a worried girl.

Thanks

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Just eat the extra calories at a different time of the day. If your workouts make you no longer hungry, and you workout late in the day, have a bigger breakfast and lunch. Or eat food higher in calories relative to their satiation. Liquid calories are usually the easiest to take in if you are not particularly hungry.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Id say don't worry about it if you just started. I'd bet within a week or 2 you'll be eating those kcal somewhere!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If I go low one day, I usually eat more the next. If I skip dinner, I'll be hungry for breakfast, that kind of thing.

Look at your week when it's over. If you're routinely under - or if you ever feel weak or dizzy - eat more. Otherwise, if you feel strong and energetic, I wouldn't force food down my throat just so that I could eat to the number.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Add more calorie dense foods earlier in the day to eliminate the gap. You don't want to be consistently too far under on calories or you will start to lose lean muscle.
    Add things like nut butters, olive oil, full-fat dairy, or nuts to fill the calorie gap.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising it quelled my hunger, I was most delighted lol But then after about 4 weeks it returned with a vengeance. Take it while you got it :lol:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat a bigger lunch, or as mentioned above, try more calorie dense foods.