50lbs in 90days!!

Options
Hello All! Im a 29 year old mother of 3. I'm 8 months post partum and on a mission to lose the 70lbs i gained while pregnant. Prior to becoming pregnant i lost over 70lbs then gained every last pound back with my pregnancy...lol...all advice is welcomed. My goal is to burn fat and gain muscle.

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Work on losing the weight without such a short time frame. That would be better for you health wise, than going the 90 day route, in my opinion.

Slow and steady is much better than trying to crash lose.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    50 pounds in 3 months, perhaps if you had the weight loss surgery. Otherwise I would say not possible. I would enter your stats and go by the caloric recommendation MFP gives you. You are lovely, btw.
  • KeKeSmith92
    KeKeSmith92 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh it can be done. I've done it before
  • KeKeSmith92
    Options
    Sirius_12 wrote: »
    50 pounds in 3 months, perhaps if you had the weight loss surgery. Otherwise I would say not possible. I would enter your stats and go by the caloric recommendation MFP gives you. You are lovely, btw.

Thank you!
  • Naja_
    Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Im a 29 year old mother of 3. I'm 8 months post partum and on a mission to lose the 70lbs i gained while pregnant. Prior to becoming pregnant i lost over 70lbs then gained every last pound back with my pregnancy...lol...all advice is welcomed. My goal is to burn fat and gain muscle.

Good luck!

• latoyabedward
    latoyabedward Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with you there...I've just joined MFP and I'm determined to lose 4 stones by December..I was slim last year and now I just ate myself back to being big again and I'm just looking for that mutual motivation because that's the big issue for me here...but good luck to everyone!!! Please feel free to conversate with me because we can do this!!!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options

You say all advice is welcomed, so here goes: Set realistic goals.

Fifty pounds in ninety days is a net weight loss of 3.89 pounds per week, or nearly four pounds. You want to burn fat and gain muscle. This sets the bar even higher, as you want to GAIN lean body mass (muscle is lumped in with that, which is everything that you carry around on your body that isn't fat). For every pound of lean body mass you gain, you need to lose a pound of fat to offset that in your goal of losing fifty pounds.

I don't know your height and starting weight, so I can't really say whether fifty pounds makes sense or not, but I have to assume it's a healthy goal for your body. No one likes it, but losing weight in a slow and responsible way is what leads to permanent weight loss. The general advise is losing at a rate of half a pound per week for every twenty five pounds you have to lose is a reasonable rate. As our bodies get closer to a healthy goal, they become more efficient, and what worked to lose a pound per week at fifty pounds overweight will not work at ten pounds overweight.
  • KeKeSmith92
    Options
    I'm with you there...I've just joined MFP and I'm determined to lose 4 stones by December..I was slim last year and now I just ate myself back to being big again and I'm just looking for that mutual motivation because that's the big issue for me here...but good luck to everyone!!! Please feel free to conversate with me because we can do this!!!

Yes we can!! I lost 73lbs before becoming pregnant with my now 8 month old baby boy. I gained every bit of the weight back. But im back on my journey and even if i don't lose 50lbs in 90 days I'm gonna work my *kitten* off to try and lose as much as possible.