every day stuff/life

Options
been told to lose weight most of my adult life. As when I was in high school I was muscle and bone and fit. When I quit playing sports and being quit actitvy I gained weight and it keep going up. But at times all I did was work 6- 7 days a week. made lots of money but just got fatter in process. Started playing basketball again and couldn't even run back and forth on court at first. And as the weight came off I could play all day and at times I could get off work I would play all day. went from 293 to 225. But then I moved again and the weight came back. It rested at 280. Now Im trying to lose again .And Im done to 265 with a goal of 199 . Its coming off slow because now Im still recovering from an on the job injury 4 yrs ago that left my spine hurt I simply have to take every thing slower . But I have tired several diets and they all do not work. But keeping a daily diary of what you eat and seeing what you eat and the calories you eat does work. Well god bless you all. And keep up trying and don't give in or up. Your family is counting on you.