60 days eating clean challenge! who wants to join me?

Options

Replies

• missmimichan
    Options
    Im new to this site. How do i create a group?
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im new to this site. How do i create a group?

At the top of this page, click on "Community", then go down a little and click "Groups". From there, click "Create a new group", it's on the right hand side of the page on the top
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No thanks :)
    You don't need to cut out any foods to lose weight. You just need to eat at a deficit.

And this reply added value to her posting how? If you have nothing positive to add, why add the negative stuff? Just sayin'...

I think the OPs goal is very admirable, and something we could all benefit from. I would give it a shot if for no other reason than to bring awareness on what I put in my mouth, as I consider myself 75% clean and would like to do better.

Her reply added value because it pointed out that what the OP has proposed is extreme and really just plain unnecessary when it comes to weight loss. Eating at a deficit is all that is required for weight loss, that simple.

And even though the OP chose to ignore that, there are other people who read these threads and hopefully one of them will listen to the logic and reasonable advice that was offered.
  • Fairyprincess401
    Fairyprincess401 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'll join you in this! I've been dairy free (2 years) and gluten(1 month) already. My reasoning behind it is this dairy is not required by my body, it's not natural for animals to consume dairy past a certain age and neither should humans. Many people will argue that people need the calcium from milk but animal protein found in milk, unlike plant protein, increases the acidic load in the body, causing the body to pull calcium from the bones in order to fight the acidic environment, so kinda reverse logic your drinking it to undo the damage that it is doing...Also EVERY milk (even organic) contains PUS, and that's just gross. Try almond milk!
    Now reasons for against gluten:
    Gluten causes gut inflammation in at least 80% of the population and another 30% of the population develops antibodies against gluten proteins in the gut. Furthermore, 99% of the population has the genetic potential to develop antibodies against gluten. Gluten found in wheat has also been known to cause "wheat belly" because of the inflammations it causes in the stomach. Now for people who think gluten has been around for ages and never made anyone fat, bread today is made with 50% gluten vs the 5% gluten that was originally used in breads. Rice flour is a great alternative to regular flour in cooking and is delicious!

:)
  • missmimichan
    Options
    I KNOW THAT YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT AND EXERCISE IT OFF OR EAT IT IN SMALL AMOUNTS. THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUSH THEM SELVES EVEN MORE :) NO STRESS. IF YOU MESS UP ONE DAY JUST PICK YOURSELF UP AND TRY AGAIN :) THESE ARE MY GOALS . AND REMEMBER THERE ARE HEALTHY FATS AND SUGARS YOU CAN EAT THAT WILL KEEP YOU FROM CRASHING. ITS OUR MENTALITY THAT RELIES ON FAKE PROCESSED FATS AND SUGARS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY THO CHALLENGE OUT AND SEE THOSE EXTRA POUNDS DISAPPEAR AND FAT PERCENTAGE GO DOWN THEN TRY IT OUT. ITS ABOUT TRAINING YOUR BRAIN. IF YOU TRY IT OUT AND ITS NOT FOR YOU THEN QUIT. BUT AGAIN THIS CHALLENGE IS JUST FOR 60 DAYS OUT OF YOUR LIFE. MESS UPS ARE ACCEPTED.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut out any foods to lose weight. You just need to eat at a deficit.

And this reply added value to her posting how? If you have nothing positive to add, why add the negative stuff? Just sayin'...

I think the OPs goal is very admirable, and something we could all benefit from. I would give it a shot if for no other reason than to bring awareness on what I put in my mouth, as I consider myself 75% clean and would like to do better.

She didn't speak negatively of the OP's goal. She was just stating that clean-eating is not the only path to weight loss. Not everyone can abstain. Just like not everyone can eat in moderation.
  • Jella0341
    Jella0341 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, I-m in
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options

I believe she was "just sayin" also, but without the cutesy bit of vernacular.

Her input was not negative, it merely presents an alternate method for people who are looking for a SUSTAINABLE way to lose weight.
  • Fairyprincess401
    Fairyprincess401 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eating a deficit may be all that is required for weight loss, but why lose weight if you are going to be skinny and unhealthy? I could eat a deficit by eating one huge greasy burger a day, but in the end I would end up skinny/sick/ and unhappy. Lose weight by eating healthy foods that promote happiness and well being. What OP is posing is actually NOT extreme, there are MANY great substitutions for milk (almond, soy, rice) and there are many substitutions for gluten (almond flour, rice flour). But making these switches isn't hard when your already eating healthy with mostly veggies, fruits, and some meats. :)
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Her reply added value because it pointed out that what the OP has proposed is extreme and really just plain unnecessary when it comes to weight loss. Eating at a deficit is all that is required for weight loss, that simple.

And even though the OP chose to ignore that, there are other people who read these threads and hopefully one of them will listen to the logic and reasonable advice that was offered.
    The OP never stated that anything other than eating at a deficit is required for weight loss. It is not extreme, illogical, or unreasonable for some people to choose not to eat sugar, gluten, dairy, etc. It's a choice. It's ok if it isn't yours. That doesn't make it wrong.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

The OP never stated that anything other than eating at a deficit is required for weight loss. It is not extreme, illogical, or unreasonable for some people to choose not to eat sugar, gluten, dairy, etc. It's a choice. It's ok if it isn't yours. That doesn't make it wrong.

A lot of people on these boards are unaware that you can lose weight without cutting certain foods out. That's the point. She also didn't say in the OP that she was aware of this. The other poster was pointing it out for clarification, not only for the OP, but for other people reading this thread.

Also, yes, cutting out large amounts of types of food is extreme. I did not say it was illogical or unreasonable, those were your words. I said it was not necessary for weight loss. Because it's not.

ETA: I don't care how you or the OP eats. The point here was facts/information being provided. Once that is handed out, do what you will with it.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The concept of clean eating for me is absolutely horrific. I just eat well and factor things like beer and chocolate into my calories for the day if I want it.

I believe that success in weight loss in due to absence of deprivation. So I wouldn't join you in this in a hundred years, but good luck.
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Add me for support. Motivation. Tips. Meal plans. I also created a group for us. 60 day challenge: eat clean! Discipline guys! your body will love you!
  • missmimichan
    Options
    Its not for everybody but other is just 60 days out of your life! Its about discipline and detoxification. some people are ready some aren't and that's okay with me!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Uhm... you do know your body takes care of "toxins" on it's own, right? There's not really anything to 'detox'....
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I KNOW THAT YOU CAN EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT AND EXERCISE IT OFF OR EAT IT IN SMALL AMOUNTS. THIS CHALLENGE IS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PUSH THEM SELVES EVEN MORE :) NO STRESS. IF YOU MESS UP ONE DAY JUST PICK YOURSELF UP AND TRY AGAIN :) THESE ARE MY GOALS . AND REMEMBER THERE ARE HEALTHY FATS AND SUGARS YOU CAN EAT THAT WILL KEEP YOU FROM CRASHING. ITS OUR MENTALITY THAT RELIES ON FAKE PROCESSED FATS AND SUGARS. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY THO CHALLENGE OUT AND SEE THOSE EXTRA POUNDS DISAPPEAR AND FAT PERCENTAGE GO DOWN THEN TRY IT OUT. ITS ABOUT TRAINING YOUR BRAIN. IF YOU TRY IT OUT AND ITS NOT FOR YOU THEN QUIT. BUT AGAIN THIS CHALLENGE IS JUST FOR 60 DAYS OUT OF YOUR LIFE. MESS UPS ARE ACCEPTED.

Really, is all this yelling necessary?
  • missmimichan
    Options
    So true!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options

CAPS LOCK FURY UNLEASHED
  • iamkass
    iamkass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I will not be joining you. Not only because I don't really care for the whole "clean eating" fad (I heard someone at work the other day say 'anything with white flour in it is terrible for you' :noway: ), but also because.. it's summer. Talk about a hard time to start eating clean. Yes, there are plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, but there's also beer and ice cream and chips and s'mores and hot dogs and so much more!!!

ETA: I forgot about burgers! :drinker:
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! Well, on the sugar at least. I also plan on cutting down on gluten and cheese (greek yogurt is still a winner for me!). So I'll do my adjusted thing while you do your thing!! Sounds like a great thing to do!