Help if possible?

Does anyone know how to find out how many calories to consume to stay at maintenance weight?

Bit of background about me
I've reached my goal weight 126lbs I'm 5ft 1 and MFP had my calorie intake set to 1623 calories per day. I'm looking to mostly strip body fat now and maintain at 126lbs I do cardio 3/4 times a week and do one upper body day one day and legs the other day. I know the way to go now is lift more and reduce my cardio days to maybe 2 days a week? I lift heavy and low reps is that the right way to go?
I know there's calculators to find out TDEE but is this accurate? I'm assuming me trying to maintain at 1623 calories isn't going to work as mfp set this as calorie deficit to lose weight. How much should I up it by?
Sorry for the questions just looking for some help here. I know there's prob threads but was just wondering if anyone could maybe answer instead of directing me to threads. Be kind guys :)

Thanks and soz its a bit long and full of questions!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Enter your information into MFP using maintenance as the goal and it will spit out your number.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2015
    Hi Samm, congrats on reaching your goal!
    I used this calulator to get my TDEE. http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    It uses a few different formula's, then gives you the average.
    If you know your body fat percentage, it will use all 6 formula's (instead of just 3) then gives you the average.
    My calculation wasn't exact,.... but close enough.
  • Samm471
    Samm471 Posts: 432 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Enter your information into MFP using maintenance as the goal and it will spit out your number.

Thanks lifting4lis I will do that!
  • Samm471
    Hi Samm, congrats on reaching your goal!
    I used this calulator to get my TDEE. http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
    It uses a few different formula's, then gives you the average.
    If you know your body fat percentage, it will use all 6 formula's (instead of just 3) then gives you the average.
    My calculation wasn't exact,.... but close enough.

Thank you! I think I'm around 24% bf I will look at this link you've shared cheers :)
  • Ellitamaria
    Ellitamaria Posts: 34 Member
    Your awesome!
  • Samm471
    Your awesome!

Huh why?
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Agree w/above recommendations; gives you a starting point which you may have to adjust (calories/macros). Give it time & see what works for you. B)
  • Samm471
    griffinca2 wrote: »
    Agree w/above recommendations; gives you a starting point which you may have to adjust (calories/macros). Give it time & see what works for you. B)

Okay thanks :)