Sugar goals as stated

Curious as to how the sugar goals here are set at 45 grams per day on a 1200 calorie plan (just over 11 t.) when WHO was recommending much less. Would like to recommend the documentary Fed Up on Netflix which addresses the sugar issue.

Replies

• tarotqueen6
    tarotqueen6 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for that link.....that was interesting. But in looking over my normal sugar totals per day on average, it occurred to me to check my fit and active yogurt which has 13 g of sugar but yet are not listed in the entry with the calorie count. Could someone explain that? It doesn't appear I can add the sugar grams myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Curious as to how the sugar goals here are set at 45 grams per day on a 1200 calorie plan (just over 11 t.) when WHO was recommending much less. Would like to recommend the documentary Fed Up on Netflix which addresses the sugar issue.

WHO's recommendation is for added sugars...MFP's target is total (including fruits and veg)
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    There are many wrong entries on the database. You can usually find a correct one if you keep looking. I just enter my own foods because the items that I track were not always listed such as potassium. You can enter your own by going to your diary page...clicking MY FOODS and then clicking "ADD FOOD".
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    There are many database entries with missing parts - some are just calories