I think I'm losing weight too quickly

Options
Killerdolphin_9
Killerdolphin_9 Posts: 22 Member
edited July 2015 in Motivation and Support
i am glad to be losing weight, I still want to lose about 65 pounds. However, i weigh in daily and lose weight. I lose anywhere from half a pound to a pound from when I weigh in the morning to the next day I weigh in. I read that half a pound up to two pounds is safe weight loss. But I'm losing two pounds easily in two days. Should I be worried? My maintanence calories is just over 2000 and I've been eating between 1000 and 1500. It just depends on the day for me. My goal is to eat at 1200.

Replies

• LbsJourney
    LbsJourney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I dont know but it is happening to me too. I think it is first month thing. I have lost 17 lbs in first month. i have 85 more to go. every day weight is down which is why at the first place i gained as i was confident i can loose it fast :persevere:
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,480 Member
    Options
    It is fairly common for people to lose 7-8 pounds during their first week of dieting. This is mostly water weight and doesn't represent a permanent weight loss. During your 2nd and subsequent weeks, you'll see a more meaningful weight loss. It's possible to lose more than 2 pounds a week, but that should be done under medical supervision, like on the show The Biggest Loser.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    How long has this been going on? Do you log your weight here (I see your MFP is 5 lbs lost). It is normal to see rapid loss at first.