How do I delete items I will no longer eat from my food list?

sawbones_c
sawbones_c Posts: 2 Member
I have a lot of food entries that are cluttering up my food lists for each meal that are either erroneous nutritional entries that I didn't catch till later, or they are items I will never again eat. I can't find a way to delete this clutter from my food lists. I have so many weight problems even my diet food lists are overweight.

Replies

• IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    I have the same question! I tried to figure it out, but had no success.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Same!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited July 2015
    You'd have to go day you ate the food you'd like to remove and delete it.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    I assume you are asking about the Recent list and not your actual Food Diary, because you can go back to individual days in your Food Diary and delete the food items one by one on the Web version or by multi-delete on the mobile apps.

​The Recent list is just a database query that is generated each time the Food Diary is searched and displays up to the last 100 items you, yourself, added to your Food Diary. Those food items will eventually drop off of the Recent list display after you log more items. You can not delete them from the Recent list.

The Frequent list displays up to 25 items from your Food Diary based on an algorithm that the user can not change, but a user can in effect hide particular food items from displaying in the Frequent list.

If you want, you can change your default display to the Frequent list, from which you can hide previous food items that you added to your Food Diary and do not want to see displayed on a list of foods. On the Web version, navigate to FOOD > Settings and change Default Add Food View to Frequent. On the mobile apps, navigate to Settings > Diary Settings and set Default Search Tabs to Frequent.

The only way to have the Recent list not display those items that you added to your Food Diary is for you to go back to your Food Diary and delete all instances of those unwanted items from every day that you logged them. However, if you delete those unwanted entries from your Food Diary, be aware that your macros will not be correct for those previous days and any Reports, if you use that, will not be correct.

Please see these articles on the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/374439-how-do-i-delete-an-entry-from-my-food-diary-
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/152746-can-i-remove-a-food-from-my-%22most-used%22-or-%22frequent%22-list-what-if-i-change-my-mind-
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Posts: 695 Member
    @CyberTone Thank you!
  • sawbones_c
    sawbones_c Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you CyberTone!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Thanks!