Protein powder with the least flavour?

Options
ultrahoon
ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
edited July 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Sounds odd I know! I have really annoying tastebuds. Pretty much anything with a strong taste I hate. Coffee, dark chocolate, chilies, all that kind of stuff just makes me retch and have to go scrape my tongue. I've been noticing on these forums that most people mention Whey based protein powders as having a funky taste, so I am guessing it will invoke the retch/scrape response from me also.

So what's the protein powder with the least flavour? I don't mind so much if its lower in protein per gram than the others, I don't need to up my protein intake that much.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    About Time brand is barely flavored. Just a hint. See reviews on Amazon.

ETA: I've tried the Cinnamon Swirl and Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors. Not my thing. Not unpleasant, just almost no flavor.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I like promix. Grass fed, no added flavor whatsoever. I like it because I can just flavor it the way I want. It's great for baking too when you don't want to add any flavor but just want the protein.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Quest has one. No flavor, but kind of pricey.

mix_2.png
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far. I'll be using it in shakes with a banana in them most likely, so subtle tastes will be masked.