What to do when you want to have that extra serving and you know you don't need it?

Options
Jeanieh91
Jeanieh91 Posts: 16 Member
This is simple though it may seem hard: Just stop on your tracks, stop completely, put your fork and knife, or spoon, down, and put it away. Just put the lid, the cover, the surround wrap, and, like in a bad relationship, walk away!

Replies

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It all comes down to motivation. If you are motivated you won't even want that extra serving. I haven't had a second serving in the 60 days I've been on here.Never even wanted it.
  • SavannahStClair
    SavannahStClair Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same problem this evening! I was trying to eat my protein (sliced deli turkey), but I really wanted to have extra crackers instead. So, I did. I put away the turkey and grabbed one extra serving of crackers (6 for 70 calories). I say if it's just one extra serving make a switch if you can and have it. But portion it out and put the box/bag/package away! Otherwise you'll have more.
  • Jeanieh91
    Options
    Thank you firecutie18, and SavannahStClair for your inspiring and motivational replies! I've been gone on vacation to the beach
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    meh...sometimes I have it, sometimes I don't. as long as I'm not over-eating on a consistent basis, it's irrelevant.
  • Jeanieh91
    Options
    Great and helpful replies!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I stop, but everything away and clean up.. usually by then I am no longer hungry.(for seconds).
    Will Power has a lot to do with it. :)
  • moonagedaydream72
    moonagedaydream72 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I always pack up my leftovers in a tupperware container before I even sit down to eat. I am less inclined to go for seconds when I do this.