Hatred is the best motivator

Options

Replies

• jdyg81
    jdyg81 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hate can only carry you so far. Like slot of members said do it for yourself it will all work out in the end
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't like that feeling, personally. It's very self-destructive. I am intrinsically motivated and positive feelings help push me. Hatred, fear, and other negative emotions just shut me down, so I choose to avoid anything or anyone who brings negativity to my life. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • dazydawn
    dazydawn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I was getting divorced my physical trainer stuck me in front of the bag and made me beat the s**t out of it. It was a great workout for sure! And that year I ran the first mile I'd ever run in my life.

Then, I became less angry, new relationship, found a bit of happy and now I am waddling my way through life. LOL! Time to get pissed again. Anyway to do that and still keep my current husband???
  • starvinkevin
    starvinkevin Posts: 331
    Options
    hahah - get pissed at yourself in the mirror - works for me. Im currently hating this dumb chick I thought was a close friend but backstabbed me and my fat face in the mirror... workin good so far, dropped my mile time 1.5 min in a WEEK...
  • RoninLife
    RoninLife Posts: 64
    Options
    I laughed when I saw this post.. it's true though but may not be healthy in the long run.. what happens when you lose your hatred? You can't always be hating forever to keep you motivated. Although I understand it.. When I'm doing certain work outs like kick boxing and I start feeling like I can't do anymore, I think of my ex husband then my blood boils and I get this rush of adrenaline with a giant side of wrath.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    hahah - get pissed at yourself in the mirror - works for me. Im currently hating this dumb chick I thought was a close friend but backstabbed me and my fat face in the mirror... workin good so far, dropped my mile time 1.5 min in a WEEK...

problems you have.....

yoda-o.gif
  • GI_John_RN
    GI_John_RN Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    While going through my divorce, I was getting angry pretty often. When I would have an argument and get mad, I would go for a run. It gave me a constructive outlet for my anger. It also gave me some time to think and process things. It was a better coping skill than sitting around and eating. Or drinking, not that it didn't happen every once in a while too.
  • NikAtNight82
    NikAtNight82 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Dark Side Fitness! Name a fat Sith. I bet you can't do it. Case closed.

^^ THIS! :)
  • banana_milk
    Options
    It's a pretty good form of motivation. Once, I had a "friend" who, when our friendship ended, told me that he wished my eating disorder (bulimia) would get worse and worse. It definitely gave me that extra push into getting therapy and attempting to recover.. now I'm on a journey to become healthy/fit (but it's not hatred that's motivating me anymore).
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    HAHA I know what u mean!
    My very first "breakthrough run" came after about a month of running... I went out for a run while I was mad at my MIL. I'd never run more than about a mile without stopping to walk. I was really focused on how stupid my MIL was, and all-of-the-sudden I realized I was getting to the 2-mile point on my run.

then I realized I was giving credit to my effing MIL for a good run, and knocked out another half mile!
  • EmaleesMommy
    EmaleesMommy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I Agree!! My husband left me for someone else that he was dating behind mine and our daughters back for 5 month and believe me I would have loved just to eat and not do anything but the worst you can do in such a horrible situation is to let yourself go.. It's 5 weeks since he told me everything and I'm at my goal weight just need to tone now! Oh and for everybody that was wondering I'm using a German "my fitness pal" bec I live in Germany but I like to come here to get my motivation and I love looking at the success stories they all give me soo much hope that you can always reach your Goal no matter what!! You guys rock!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that hatred has never been a motivating factor for me in my life (that never would have worked) or for anyone I know that is successful. I have tried to use my emotions in positive ways, but that was more out of necessity as a way to deal with emotions and continue to be actively working towards my life goals. The emotions didn't motivate me, I just had to find a way to face them, deal with them, and incorporate that into my life so that I continued forward and didn't stop. I think that having hate as a motivator may not take a person very far.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of recently divorced people get in shape quickly, so there is probably some truth to that. However, all they have done is work on their body. That isn't health, that is just fitness, and the hate they feel is usually some self-hate directed at their EX. The hatred is what really needs to go first.

Some people do not hate their spouse but are really sad about the loss of their marriage, even if it wasn't a good marriage, parts of it may have been. That can lead to a loss in appetite.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    slaters-gonna-slate.jpg
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of recently divorced people get in shape quickly, so there is probably some truth to that. However, all they have done is work on their body. That isn't health, that is just fitness, and the hate they feel is usually some self-hate directed at their EX. The hatred is what really needs to go first.

or they're back on the market and needing some sex appeal. They're just trying to find a mate
    [/quote

Yeah, bitter, hateful people are SO appealing........(NOT)]
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    I just lost 4 lbs, dropped my mile pace by 1.5 min, doubled my endurance, and did all this in hot weather in 1.5 weeks - I attribute my success to hate...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Oh, good. They locked the hummus thread but this one gets bumped. In for more good natured and motivating hate.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Oh, good. They locked the hummus thread but this one gets bumped. In for more good natured and motivating hate.
    Hey, it could happen.
    tumblr_mhcvze47051s2sdtco1_r1_500.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Let the hate flow through you...

...indeed.
  • SteveStedge
    Options
    I see a lot of recently divorced people get in shape quickly, so there is probably some truth to that.

This is about laziness. The marriage ended because one or both people got lazy. After the split, that person then actually had to get in shape to attract a mate (which the overall lack of effort and complacency in the relationship is why they lost their mate in the first place).

This happens probably way more often than you'd imagine.

Skip the divorce, just lose the weight. It's a lot cheaper and easier on the kids.